Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Jobs: Purge (delete) Jobs no longer in Use

Experienced Partner

13Posts

74Kudos

0Solutions

13 Posts
Experienced Partner
Australia

We run tens of thousands of jobs in MYOB and refer to the Job Number in our Invoices and Purchases for Cost tracking.

Some Jobs run for less than one day, other jobs run for a number of years.

The Job list became so full that it totally slowed our whole system down a couple of years ago and we had to start a brand new file just to get rid of the long job list. This meant importing and exporting customers, suppliers, employees, accounts etc and this became a significant task.

Can there be a way to purge jobs without having to close them off by looking at how long ago the last transaction was? I would like to see a facility where I can say Purge all jobs that were not used within the last x number of days and I have the flexibility to select what x equals such as 365 days, 900 days or possibly for some companies 60 days. Sure, I understand that if I select the wrong number of days, I may lose a few jobs that I didnt want to loose but if the process asks for say, two confirmations to proceed, then the risk would be all mine.

I really do not want to have to keep creating a brand new file just to get rid of my long job lists every couple of years

Thanks

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: May 2013

33 Comments
AccountsCombine
Partner
3 Posts
Partner

Data purge will ensure 'integrity'. Note, Company Auditor function is ineffective/slow/fails due to excessive data size and also Month-end Supplier Reports fail.

JustMichaela
Experienced Cover User
34 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Along a similar point, we would like to make inactive jobs not show up on the list (not in the report section as you can already do that).

We have too many jobs and scrolling to find the next new number (we have lots of sub jobs) or just a job number I can't remember the details of, is a slow process.

nickold
1 Post
Cover User

Yes this is a really bad functionality not to have.  If your file becomes too big for the cloud you cant see all your features.  I havent been able to see aged receivables or payables for three months now.