Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Locations: Inventory Movement report

Experienced Cover User

33Posts

41Kudos

0Solutions

33 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
New
New

I am moving from Enterprise as MYOB no loner supporting this product and have found that the new Item movement and mulit locations is great, however when i do a a movement between my warehouses i need to print off a report for the warehouse to release the inventory - its great to add the function but you need to have the reports to back the use of the function

"Inventory Movement Report - Premier"

22 Comments
Leah11
Experienced Cover User
33 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I need to be able to do an inventory movement report using premier when i am moving inventory items from different locations 

I use to have enterprise and it was in the report index, we have had to upgrade to premier and i find this report is missing

Kangwei
2 Posts
User

Same here; can MYOB support provide an answer for this?

Leah11
Experienced Cover User
33 Posts
Experienced Cover User

No, they have just ignored this

i can see there is a print option on the move items page yet when you click, it warns you that the print option is not implemented yet - i am struggling to undretsnad why MYOB would add the multi locations and the move item function but not follow through with a report to support the options - this has now had to become a off system procedure that has put more work onto myself until they can put the report in the system 

Kangwei
2 Posts
User

The item movement report provides clarity, visibility and allows for an inventory movement's trail. Without this report, it is impossible to track movements AFTER the inventory movement. We move dozens of SKUs in the quantities of hundreds per week. If the inventory count is incorrect in any warehouse at any point in time, this is impossible to audit the count.

This is very disappointing; I hope someone from MYOB will respond why they will remove such an important feature that was available previously.

Leah11
Experienced Cover User
33 Posts
Experienced Cover User

How long until the item movement report function is available, this is a real audit hazard that can cause alot of grief for users if we are unable to track the item movement 

Highly important MYOB!!!!!!!

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,839 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi @Leah11 I agree, the process to record inventory movemernt between locations is very informal. If you need to track it, and are not already doing this, I suggest using item purchase transactions with an internal supplier set to override GST to N-T (or as required). This will give you a full audit trail and printed documentation if needed. 

Thierry888
Experienced User
76 Posts
Experienced User

On the inventory report, it cannot show the location ID and name.

I was able to get the report on the Enterprise version. Can you please upgrade same as per Enterprise version?

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello @Thierry888 

Which Inventory Report are you wanting to use?

Leah11
Experienced Cover User
33 Posts
Experienced Cover User

How long until the item movement report function is available, this is a real audit hazard that can cause alot of grief for users if we are unable to track the item movement 

Highly important MYOB!!!!!!!

Leah11
Experienced Cover User
33 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Could we please have an item movement report for multi locations, we need to be able to print out for audit purposes and also for warehouse picking purposes