Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Locations: Inventory Movement report

Experienced Cover User

33Posts

41Kudos

0Solutions

33 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
New
New

I am moving from Enterprise as MYOB no loner supporting this product and have found that the new Item movement and mulit locations is great, however when i do a a movement between my warehouses i need to print off a report for the warehouse to release the inventory - its great to add the function but you need to have the reports to back the use of the function

"Inventory Movement Report - Premier"

22 Comments
Leah11
Experienced Cover User
33 Posts
Experienced Cover User

How long until the item movement report function is available, this is a real audit hazard that can cause alot of grief for users if we are unable to track the item movement 

Highly important MYOB!!!!!!!

The "print" function button is there obviously for future use, this is essential with multi locations to audit stock movements amongst various locations 

ChalkHill
Experienced Cover User
45 Posts
Experienced Cover User

We were keen to upgrade to AccountRight Premier to take advantage of the multiple inventory location function. However after looking at the sample file discovered that there are NO reports showing item movements between locations or any way of seeing the history of what has been transferred from one location to another. This unfortunately makes the product unworkable for us. It seems to be a simple function to add but one that would be hugely beneficial. Hopefully this is something that is added in the near future. If so we will be keen to upgrade as in all other aspects this version would suit our situation perfectly.

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello @ChalkHill 

I agree that there needs to be a report to show this info.

The Items Register (Detail) Report says that it "Displays every sale, purchase, adjustment & TRANSFER - - ", but it does not show the locations or transfers made. 

Hvae a look at the Addon solutions as there may be one to do whot you want. see https://www.myob.com/au/addons/category/16/inventory-management/

Otherwise i am sure that a developer partnet could set up the report you want.

try

Mike James FCA(UK)

DataWise Limited

MYOB Approved Partner & Developer, developers of:

DataWise Report Writer:

-AccountRight Classic - custom reporting, EDI solutions and forecasting

-AccountRight Live – custom reporting and EDI

-Exo payroll – custom reporting

e: mike@datawise.co.nz t: +64 9 486 4395 m: +64 27 474 5918

Cheers

David

LFW02
Trusted Partner
107 Posts
Trusted Partner

I agree, can't understand why a Location item movement report isnt available or for that matter, any Itemised Location Reports. 

AnnaBronzeWing
1 Post
User

Hi guys, we've recently upgraded to AccountRight Premier for the sole purpose of having different locations (warehouses) in MYOB for our inventory....and we are having problems with the MOVE ITEMS function.

In some ways this function is great, and in others it's seriously lacking. 

It would be great if we could PRINT or EXPORT the information we can see in the 'move items' window. However when we click on the print button it says Functionality is NOT IMPLEMENTED YET. 

We also need to be able to track back when there are discrepancies at stocktake time to see who hasn't done their job properly if there are discrepancies. Our stock gets moved between locations quite often and right now there is absolutely no way to be able to see if those stock movements were or were not done in MYOB. I've called tech support and after spending 1.5 hours on hold the technitian confirmed that there is no way to see this information...and my best bet was to leave my complaint on this site. If anyone can help, it would be really really appreciated!! Thanks in advance!

LW68
4 Posts
User

We haven't used the "move items" functionality for the last 3, myabe 4 upgrades for this reason! We actually had trouble even loading all our parts in the move items window. I can actually load the parts now (takes approx 4 mins), but it's no good to us if we can't track what has actually been moved Smiley Sad

Looking forward to seeing if anyone here can actually help!

LW68
4 Posts
User

There really needs to be a report made available asap! Just not good enough myob. I certainly won't be recommending your product to anyone I know :<

Leah11
Experienced Cover User
33 Posts
Experienced Cover User

We are considering contacting a solicitor to review this problem of MYOB not facilitating all its functions, considering that we originally had MYOB Enterprise that had the move item reporting function and many other features that we utilised daily and then not by our choice MYOB forced us to change to a lower programme due to MYOB not being able to support the Enterprise level any longer and without advising that ALL functions were not available on the Accountright Level, as far as our managing director has advised that this is false advertisment on MYOB behalf and has caused our company many more obsticales with our daily functions 

SueBest
Experienced Cover User
26 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Yes, I have also just discovered that there is no reporting on inventory movement.   How on earth do we make checks on what has been moved!   Also, the only way I can see what stock needs to be moved is to use the move items option, then I can't print it.   How is this helpful?   MYOB must be working on this surely.  So frustrating. 

DazzaB
Experienced Cover User
141 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi To all on this post

Dont believe that MYOB is working on this problem.

As any problem we have isnt real because if it was then "The Team" would have already fixed it (especially seeing as we have had many so called "UPGRADES" since then).

It is only a figment of our imagination because MYOB doesnt have any errors or problems that need fixing. 

Smiley Sad

Or maybe its only one that we the poor end users havnt managed to make some "WORKAROUND" to cover for the lack of interest MYOB seem to have in making any real repairs to lack of functionality or improvements to any parts of it

Darryl