Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

MYOB Invoices (app): Ability to record quotes

Contributing Cover User

6Posts

59Kudos

0Solutions

6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

Why can't we do quotes through the On The Go App?

We have a service business that provides quotes which we then change to orders when the customer has decided to go ahead. It is only when the job is complete we change it to an invoice.

Currently (for us) the On The Go app is only good for looking up customer details and nothing else.

The app needs to have the option of quoting!

I can't even view any quotes or orders already in the system- I can only view invoices, is there any point to that?

"on the go app quotes"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: September 2018

Hi Everyone

With the release of AccountRight 2018.2, you will be able to generate quotes from the MYOB Invoices app. You can find out more information on this update from AccountRight Blog Article: AccountRight 2018.2 now available

56 Comments
louian
1 Post
Cover User

Quoting and adding orders on th go is important to all businesses with sales reps on the road.  They can automatically add an order or quote on a phone or tablet rather than send information back to an office or use there laptop on the road.

DanielSurace
7 Posts
Cover User

Is there any progress on this implementation?

clearly this seems to be a fundemental requirement for most businesses to be able to operate "on the go" with MYOB. 

It is the main feature which makes this app relevant for many business to be able to quote and take orders on the road for sales reps. 

Can the Dev team kindly give an update if there is any progress or if it is still in the consideration phase.

Kind Regards,

Daniel

rbrown
Contributing Partner
11 Posts
Contributing Partner

I have raised this too before.   It is becoming a huge issue for us and makes the app pointless.

strany
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I would like to add support for the on the go quoting feature suggestion - we are primarily on the road and to be able to quickly add a quote and email the customer during the day would save on time spent during the evenings, and also if a client phones you to discuss an existing quote in the system if you could view it from on the go, then you would be able to deal with the query at the time - instead of having to go back to office and recontact client later etc.

Furthermore, we are using the bnz payclip - if we could update the quote into an invoice and take the payment - that would be a fantastic feature.  At the moment we have to go back to office to convert the quote into an invoice and the payment feature isn't able to always be used on the spot as we don't have an invoice for the client (the pricing can sometimes change if a client adds something on the job)

We don't want to reinput all the information from the quote in the system as that is double handling - it is actually not working as seamlessly as it could for our business situation.

Thanks MYOB hopefully you can make this a feature for us.

strany
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi again

I have just noticed that this issue has been raised in Jan 2015!!  update please - and how do we take it futher?

mcv
Experienced Cover User
45 Posts
Experienced Cover User

This is not a new product anymore - why has this function not been added yet?  its a simple upgrade really - all the script is there for the invoices..

in fact i would much rather just get rid of the invoice function and add a quote option in there instead..

and we should be able to select the form it gets sent as...    currently the app sends a myob link...  how long has this been happening for??   my customers are very peeved at me for sending them that rubbish...

LisaC123
6 Posts
Cover User

We really need to be able to quote on the app. I was told that you could login via Crome or internet on your phone but this is difficult.

Please update where you are at with adding quoting to the app.

rnrservices
7 Posts
Cover User

Why can't we use the quote feature on the mobile phone app?

KarenMitchell
5 Posts
Cover User

As a bookkeeping/BAS Agent I have waited far too long for a basic feature such as quoting that should have been in MYOB essentails in the first place.  My clients are complaining about the software being inadequate for their needs so going to transfer all my tradies to QB as they provide quoting and are cheaper than MYOB. 

AcaciaNtHills
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I think this is a no brainier- when out on site you do your quotes rite?

even an estimate or logging the details at the least. The quote is then excepted, then the job can be done. Only after all this process can you then send out an invoice for payment. And this payment can be up to a month away from the completion of the job. I understand some businesses with payments finalised at the end of the job maybe with a card reader would appreciate the invoice on the go. I would say the majority would have the standard process, QUOTE THEN INVOICE all after estimate!!!