Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

MYOB Invoices (app): Ability to record quotes

Contributing Cover User

6Posts

59Kudos

0Solutions

6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

Why can't we do quotes through the On The Go App?

We have a service business that provides quotes which we then change to orders when the customer has decided to go ahead. It is only when the job is complete we change it to an invoice.

Currently (for us) the On The Go app is only good for looking up customer details and nothing else.

The app needs to have the option of quoting!

I can't even view any quotes or orders already in the system- I can only view invoices, is there any point to that?

"on the go app quotes"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: September 2018

Hi Everyone

With the release of AccountRight 2018.2, you will be able to generate quotes from the MYOB Invoices app. You can find out more information on this update from AccountRight Blog Article: AccountRight 2018.2 now available

56 Comments
AcaciaNtHills
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I would like to also add to this conversation, this is myob essentials for small business. I would go as far to say it is intended for small/micro business and the sole trader. At least this is the package that I paid for. So why is there s generic app that covers the top and the bottom end of business surely an app with just contacts/invoices/pay can't be that complicated, 7 year old kids are writing apps these days. Maybe there is a lack of concern for the customers needs and it is therefore past on to our customers not through lack of trying. I rang the sales team before I bought this product and was told " of course you can quote through on the go app" of course I can, exactly what I thought.

I repeat A NO BRAINIER!!!

hybridag
2 Posts
Cover User

Just an idea - would be really great to be able to see quotes and orders in the app rather than just invoices. Is this an option that is being worked on or will it ever be available? Would turn the app from being 40% effective to 90% effective for how we use it.

DanielSurace
7 Posts
Cover User

Is there any update on this feature?

is seems like many people are asking and zero feedback from the devs if they are even considering implementing.

unfortunately it looks like we have to rely on a 3rd party developer to implement something that should already be in the app

NoFuss
1 Post
Cover User

I cant see where any input for this topic has been seen or acknowledged by MYOB.. These are basic business needs that an "on the go" app MUST provide..

You seem to have no problem taking money from business but dont seem to listen to thier needs..

JGH_Sparkie
5 Posts
Cover User

I can't believe there are only 35 service businesses that have liked this comment! Obviously many other service businesses just have not seen this comment. This is a major impediment to my business utilising MYOB on the Go.

Oscar_W
Experienced Cover User
29 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Couldn't agree more. On the go is useless, other than looking up a customer's phone number.

I, for one, am sick of waiting for this. I've decided to get a carbon copy quote book printed up so I can provide quotes to my customers "On the Go". It's like the 1990s or something. If there is another price rise on subscriptions without implementation of SIGNIFICANT new features in both Accountright AND On the Go, I will be jumping ship and going to a competitor. On the Go has been stagnant for far too long.

sjt
1 Post
Cover User

most buisnesses require to submit a quote to a customer before any works are started, I thought that having an app that does quotes would be far more of a prioriaty then one that only does an invoice, you guys need to make this your number one thing on your list before people start looking at other companys or apps to do it for them (they are out there already)

BrettA
1 Post
Cover User

I also have the same issue, if this dosn't change soon ill have to move across to another software provider that can allow me to quote on the go.  Being also a service industry our quoting process needs to happen quicker than our invoicing process.

mpedler81
2 Posts
Cover User

This definitely needs to happen! How do we vote? To get the ball rolling.

JGH_Sparkie
5 Posts
Cover User

This is a very limiting issue that I have been raising for well over a year but no one is listening! I need to be able to generate a quote on my desktop and be able to view it and convert to an invoice from a mobile device, only then is it really worth anything to me at all as a mobile app!