Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

MYOB Invoices (app): Ability to record quotes

Contributing Cover User

6Posts

59Kudos

0Solutions

6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

Why can't we do quotes through the On The Go App?

We have a service business that provides quotes which we then change to orders when the customer has decided to go ahead. It is only when the job is complete we change it to an invoice.

Currently (for us) the On The Go app is only good for looking up customer details and nothing else.

The app needs to have the option of quoting!

I can't even view any quotes or orders already in the system- I can only view invoices, is there any point to that?

"on the go app quotes"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: September 2018

Hi Everyone

With the release of AccountRight 2018.2, you will be able to generate quotes from the MYOB Invoices app. You can find out more information on this update from AccountRight Blog Article: AccountRight 2018.2 now available

56 Comments
Fayboyd1946
1 Post
Cover User

I am in the exact place as you. We need to do quotes. Our Job Card is an order until it is complete and is changed to an invoice and sent to the customer. The on the go app is vertually useless to us and I am left trying to find another way of working. Guess it is back to paper job cards until something better is designed.

strany
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I asked for this also over 1 year ago - its a no brainer - come on MYOB !!

JGH_Sparkie
5 Posts
Cover User

I have raised this with Customer Service operators over the past year and their advice is to come here and lodge a comment and suggestion. Come on MYOB just fix this massive shortcoming in the product! Why does it take soooo long for issues to be fixed?!

AWHA
6 Posts
Cover User

Only being able to produce invoices using OntheGo is very restrictive for a service driven company.  To make MYOB and the OntheGo app truly versatile it should incorporate the ability to produce Quotes and Orders. Something we would much prefer to see sooner rather than later.

SNG
1 Post
Cover User

I agree, the ability to access quotes and change them to invoices from the on the go app would be of great assistance. Also it would seem that invoices emailed from the app are generic rather than the custom invoices that are sent from the myob software installed on the computer.

alltoohard
Partner
1 Post
Partner

Yes please I agree with this comment on the app being very basic,  Viewing quotes and issuing quotes would be extremely useful.    

Please hurry in getting this feature available.   Oh my I just saw this request was from January 2015  surely we are getting close now over 2 years later at getting this feautre.  You are lagging compared to other companies MYOB!  

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Great news everyone! We're working on adding quotes to the MYOB Invoices (app) and would love your help with testing what we're doing.

If you'd be interested in taking part, please reach out directly to our Product Designer, Kelly at kelly.jepsen@myob.com, or reply to his post - Wanted: People to test quoting on MYOB Invoices (app) or simply comment on this idea.

Thank you.

Chris-T
6 Posts
Former Staff

Hi, we are now currently developing the ability to manage quotes within the MYOB Invoices mobile app and expect to release this functionality in two parts over the coming weeks. Quotes (part 1) will see a nice, big quotes option on your app dashboard. Head inside to see a list of all your quotes, and tap any quote to see its details. Quotes (part 2) will feature creating and updating quotes straight from the app.

richardss
Experienced Cover User
21 Posts
Experienced Cover User

the indevelopment email was 2 years ago.

no advances?

msadventourist
Experienced Cover User
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Yes we would very much like to be able to quote through On the Go!  Also frustrated because even when online in Accountright Live, you can select the right template to print a Quote - but if you try to save it/send to disk as a pdf it automatically selects the client's default invoice template.  And I believe the same happens when you try to email a Quote.  Very timeconsuming having to print in hard copy, then scan, in order to email to the client.  Or if there is a way to do this then can someone please tell me???