Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

MYOB Invoices (app): Edit default email message

Contributing Cover User

9Posts

5Kudos

0Solutions

9 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

I would really liketo be able to edit the new message that appears in the emails containing the invoices. In the on the go App. The message no longer works for me at all.
You currently can do this in account right but i want to use the app. Thats the point of having the app.app 

"app on the go edit messages on email"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: February 2023

Hi Everyone

The MYOB Invoice app (v2.14) uses the default email message from your AccountRight company file. If you would like to change that message this can be done via the AccountRight desktop application and going  Setup>>Preferences>>Emailing>>Email defaults.

Should you wish to update for that message for that one invoice you are sending via the app this can be done by editing the body of the message prior to sending.

5 Comments
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @shzaz7

Thank you for your feedback in regards to MYOB OnTheGo and emailing invoices.

I see you have also posted on the go app. I've provided more information in regards to the email message on that post for you.  Along with that I would encourage other users that would like to see the email message changed for both platforms to vote and comment if required for this idea.

SueMesz
Experienced Cover User
62 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Why not link the setup of MYOB on the go App to the browser-based Essentials system? If we could edit the app's settings there it would make it much easier. Typing on a phone is tedious and time-consuming and the whole idea of the app is to do things on the fly, out in the field, in front of customers also, taking so much time to do a minor edit (every time) is embarassing.

BecSter
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi,

We set up our email preferences to include our account details for private customers who don't bother clicking through to the invoice link. But these preferences don't flow through to the app. I either need the preferences to flow through at least at setup or have a preferences option in the app.

Otherwise the emailing option of the app isn't worthwhile.

Thanks

Westy3561
3 Posts
Cover User

I have set up the desktop version with a customised message which I would also like on the app, however part of the app message shows a customer the amount owed and due date of the invoice which I really like. Can this also be set up on the desktop email message?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

The MYOB Invoice app (v2.14) uses the default email message from your AccountRight company file. If you would like to change that message this can be done via the AccountRight desktop application and going  Setup>>Preferences>>Emailing>>Email defaults.

Should you wish to update for that message for that one invoice you are sending via the app this can be done by editing the body of the message prior to sending.