Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Setup: Allow windows to be opened in another screens

Trusted User

81Posts

229Kudos

2Solutions

81 Posts
Trusted User
New Zealand
New
New

Would MYOB see the benefit of being able to move some windows to a second screen? With a lot of information available at any one time it can get quite confusing. I realise reports cand be moved and I can try opening a second session on another screen but it would be good to be able to drag a window from the main screen to a second one.

"Make use of dual screens"

13 Comments
Bestbyte
1 Post
Cover User

Hi Support

Couple of remarks regarding MYOB AR 2017.2:

It would be beneficial if the sub-windows would go all the way across the screen when maximized.
Currently if you maximize a sub-window it leaves the screen with empty space on the right hand side.

Data entry, for an instance into the description field when typing up a new invoice, will not dynamically change the row height.
It will do so when you exit out of the field, but not as you type it in. It would make a considerable difference if it would for clients that have long descriptions.

Thanks for your consideration.
Happy to clarify if needs to be.

"Tweaks to Interface"

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello @Bteam 

Try this -

open MYOB on main screen and use the Maximise/Restore button to take it out of the full screen display mode. Drag the edge of the display across to the second screen so that you can use both, and spread the windows over both.

Personally I just use one screen for MYOB in full screen mode and use Control/Shift to swap between open windows. This leaves the 2nd screen available for other tasks like Outlook or an excel spreadsheet.

see here for other keyboard shortcuts. I particularly like Alt / O to record or save an action.  
https://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ar/Using+keyboard+shortcuts

Cheers

David

Bteam
Trusted User
81 Posts
Trusted User

Hello David,

Thanks. That works in essence but requires a fair bit of resizing of the windows to get the windows to fit the two screens.  I'll play around a bit more. I use Cntrl/Tab to swap between windows; Cntrl/Shift leads nowhere. The link to the short cuts is useful and they are timesavers.

Cheers,

Stephen

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello @Bteam 

OOOPPPSSS!!! i meant to say Ctl / Tab not Ctl / shift.

sorry about that.

cheers

David

albanyair
Contributing Cover User
14 Posts
Contributing Cover User

This would be especially handy when entering invoices from the In Tray.

Meegies
Experienced Cover User
35 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I second how handy it would be if the In Tray, (or more specficially, the "Englarge" window for viewing In Tray documents), was able to be moved to a second screen. Similar to how reports can be moved. 

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello @Meegies 

Try this -

Open MYOB on main screen and use the Maximise/Restore button to take it out of the full screen display mode. Drag the edge of the display across to the second screen so that you can use both, and spread the windows over both.

Personally I just use one screen for MYOB in full screen mode and use Control/Tab to swap between open windows. This leaves the 2nd screen available for other tasks like Outlook or an excel spreadsheet.

see here for other keyboard shortcuts. I particularly like Alt / O to record or save an action.  
https://help.myob.com/wiki/display/ar/Using+keyboard+shortcuts

Cheers

David

PoorakaMech
1 Post
User

If this is not possible, then to be able to easily split screens like you can with Windows woud also be useful.

activemobility
Trusted Cover User
109 Posts
Trusted Cover User

I know quite a few office that have dual screens now, and it would be great if you could have say purchases opened on one screen and sales opened on the other.

I have tried moving one over, but it wont do it

ROGMichelle
Experienced Cover User
27 Posts
Experienced Cover User

When using MYOB on an additional monitor the sub-windows for reports always open on the default monitor (monitor 1). Can you make it so they appear on the monitor that MYOB is open on?