Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Jobs: Monthly budget entry

Cover User

2Posts

52Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
Cover User
Australia

Hi MYOB Development Team,

For future builds can you add Monthly Budgets for Jobs please.

I love MYOB software however one frustrating point I find with MYOB, is that you cannot set monthly Job budgets.

When running an organisation with multiple departments and Department Managers an Executive Officer needs to be able to see how each department is doing in comparisson to their budgets. 

MYOB will allow an annual budget to be set for Jobs which is great however, by setting budgets monthly you will be able to better meet your annual goals because you will better track your monthly figures. 

In doing so, you can make adjustments each following month to ensure you hit your annual goals.

It would also be very handy, to be able to break this down to Actuals v Budgets on several scales, EG Weekly, Monthly, Bi Monthly, Quarterly, Bi Anually etc....

Thank you

Ray Austin

"Addition of Monthly Budgets for Jobs"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: December 2014

Thanks for your excellent suggestion @ASWatCR. Anyone else who would like to see monthly job budgets in a future update, please cast your vote here.

29 Comments
AccountingPower
Valued User
194 Posts
Valued User

The ability to enter monthly budgets for both Jobs and Categories.

Matt Jones

Official Reporting Expert

AccountingPower

www.accountingpower.com.au

baconlady
Contributing User
7 Posts
Contributing User

This would be extrememly beneficial for us so we would love to see this!

tdsalter
3 Posts
User

Hi there,

Has this still not actually become a feature? It is extremely frustrating and limiting.

I have tried add ons etc etc but really, I do hope MYOB can produce something like this.

yvonneli
1 Post
User

Hi,

Absolutely need a job budget by month function please. If the MYOB development team can look into this that would be great.

Thanks,

Yvonne

Robyn11
5 Posts
User

I would like to be able to assign budgets to jobs and be able to have monthly reporting on actual vs budget.  Any other accounting system has this function.

dee5533
1 Post
User

Is there an update on this?

Leneth_A
MYOB Moderator
2,009 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @dee5533

Thanks for your post. I would like to extend to you a warm welcome to the Community Forum. Apologies for the delayed response. We are grateful for your efforts in bringing your concern to us. We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. We genuinely appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. 

We understand that this feature is essential to your business, and we are always interested to hear how we can improve your workflow. As of now, this function to add Monthly Budgets for Jobs is still not available. However, the developer's team is monitoring all the feedback and suggestions received from the users. Your feedback will be added to the product roadmap based on feature requests. Thank you for your understanding and continued support. 

Feel free to come back to the Community Forum if you have any more questions, we are more than happy to assist. 

Cheers, 
Leneth 

Dono
Experienced User
14 Posts
Experienced User

Hi MYOB Development Team,

For future builds can you add under reports the Job P&L the option to add the Budget for that Job to this report please.

Looking at the comments trail it will be well received.

TIA

Leneth_A
MYOB Moderator
2,009 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @Dono

Thanks for your post and welcome here to the Community Forum.

We are grateful for your effort in adding suggestions and showing your support for this functionality with further votes and comments. Our team is committed to providing the best experience for all our customers, and your contributions help us do just that. We will relay your idea/feedback to the relevant team. Thank you once again for your patience and understanding. 

Feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance. 

Cheers, 
Leneth