Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Multi-Currency: More reports showing values in originating currency

Former Staff

29Posts

0Kudos

2Solutions

29 Posts
Former Staff
Australia

What reports are most important for you to see foreign values ie. values in originating currency

Would love to hear from you in the comments

Thank you.

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: February 2023

Hi Everyone

With the release of AccountRight 2020.3, the following reports have been updated to support foreign currency transactions. You can now select local or foreign currency, as well as filter by currency, on:

• Purchases Supplier Summary report
  • Purchases Supplier Detail report
  • Sales Customer Summary report
  • Sales Customer Detail report
  • Customer Payments [closed invoices] report

50 Comments
Samex
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User

All Reports for Customers with foreign currency - especially

Sales Statements

Sales Report Customer Payments

Sales Report Customer Ledger

Issuing reports in AUD (company base currency) is meaningless for overseas customers paying in foreign currency

RobertV
Experienced Cover User
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User

@Samex the solution are fine for companies selling in multi currencies, but the above certainly does not help importers that purchase in multi currencies

PowerMyobBI
Partner
117 Posts
Partner

Hi @clinteidelman 

Thanks for your post. I have a number of clients requesting when the To do List will show accounts payable foreign amounts (per v19).

Can you advise if the next release for AccountRight 2019.x will also include the foreign currency endpoints for Accounts payable? I have had many requests about this missing from the current version.

Marg1
Contributing User
23 Posts
Contributing User

We need a report of Unrealised Currency gain/losses and GL accounts allowing transactions to be posted in USD and GBP so we can reconcile to our overseas branches operating in these currencies.  Is this possible in Version 19.3?

carefor
Partner
7 Posts
Partner

MYOB PLEASE BRING BACK THE CURRENCY SYMBOL IN THE INVOICES JUST LIKE THE OLD VERSION

THIS IS SUCH A HASSLE THAT MY CLIENTS ON MULTI CURRENCY ARE UNABLE TO USE MYOB

WE HAVE CLIENTS ISSUEING INVOICES IN EUR, USD, GBP AND AUD EVERYDAY 

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE AS MULTI CURRENCY VERSION SUBCRIPTIONS IS $140 !!!!! 

WHAT IS THE SOLUTION FOR NOW TO BE ABLE TO DISPLAY THE CURRENCY SYMBOL IN SALES INVOICE ??? HELP !!

carefor
Partner
7 Posts
Partner

SALES (TOTAL INCOME) REPORTS SHOULD BE ABLE TO SHOW DIFFERENT CURRENCY SYMBOL WITH SUB TOTAL 

CLIENT WANT TO SEE HOW MUCH THEY INVOICED USD CUSTOMERS , EUR CUSTOMERS AND AUD CUSTOMERS IN THE FINANCIAL YEAR

ALSO IMPORTANT!!! SALES INVOICE SHOULD DISPLAY THE CURRENCY SYMBOL JUST LIKE THE OLD VERSION

WE HAVE SOOO MUCH HASSLE WITH THE NEW UPGRADE WHEN WE REALISED WE HAVE SENT EUR SALES INVOICE TO CUSTOMER AND THEY PAID IN AUD BECAUSE THE CURRENCY SYMBOL HAS DISSAPPEARED FROM THE SALES INVOICE

PLEASE UPDATE MYOB AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.  NOT FAIR FOR OUR CLIENTS WHO HAS PAID $140 P.M AND THEY HAVE TO MODIFY SALES INVOICE MANNUALLY AND SPENT HOURS JUST TO SEND A SIMPLE INVOICE

DeeZee
1 Post
User

What a step backwards which continues in MYOB AccountRight v 2019.3.  I was expecting this facility to still be available on upgrade - not removed!  If I had known this facility had been removed - I would in all likelihood have looked at other programmes.  This is a key reporting function.  Come on MYOB - so disappointing!  

Leahdaz
Experienced Cover User
43 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I agree DeeZee. If I had realised what a backwards step the new MYOB has been I also would have looked at alternative programs. The old MYOB was very good and I have been a long time user of MYOB but this new MYOB has so many glitches..  I am still having alot of issues with Multicurrency, Trade Creditors, Inventory.

I would like to say that the MYOB upper support team have been very helpful, but they are not able to offer a solution for the inventory and multicurrency at this stage. I have been led to believe there is another upgrade in November so I am hoping that the will help resolve the issues I am having and hoping it helps resolves yours also.

clinteidelman
29 Posts
Former Staff

@PowerMyobBI 

To Do List - the Accounts Payable and Purchase Orders tabs do show foriegn currency info. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your question?

API - We have a team building out multicurrency support in the AR API. Creating FX sales and purchases (including orders) and recording payments, is scheduled for completion before the end of the year. 

clinteidelman
29 Posts
Former Staff

hi @carefor :

Regarding your need to report on the total amount invoiced in a period, to foreign customers, in originating currency...

Today, in all tabs of the Sales Register you can group by Currency and then Customer. This will then display sub-totals directly in the register. Will this give you what you need?