Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Multi-Currency: More reports showing values in originating currency

Former Staff

29Posts

0Kudos

2Solutions

29 Posts
Former Staff
Australia

What reports are most important for you to see foreign values ie. values in originating currency

Would love to hear from you in the comments

Thank you.

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: February 2023

Hi Everyone

With the release of AccountRight 2020.3, the following reports have been updated to support foreign currency transactions. You can now select local or foreign currency, as well as filter by currency, on:

• Purchases Supplier Summary report
  • Purchases Supplier Detail report
  • Sales Customer Summary report
  • Sales Customer Detail report
  • Customer Payments [closed invoices] report

50 Comments
PowerMyobBI
Partner
117 Posts
Partner

@clinteidelmanthanks for your reply to my query regarding the To Do List.

Currently, in the demo clearwater file the To do list shows No foreign currency balance for the Accounts Receivable balances?

TO Do List AR missing Foreign Currency Balances?TO Do List AR missing Foreign Currency Balances?

The Accounts Payables To do list does show the Foreign Balance due (FX) .

Can you confirm this feature is coming soon?

To Do List for API shows Foreign Currency Balance where is AR's data?To Do List for API shows Foreign Currency Balance where is AR's data?

clinteidelman
29 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @PowerMyobBI  - the AR tabs are on our list to do (no pun intended), we haven't got to it yet as we've been prioritising effort on support for multi-currency in the API, as there are many v19 businesses who need this in order to upgrade

LynleyAveris
Trusted Partner
54 Posts
Trusted Partner

Sales:

1. A salesperson report in FX (payments basis).
  2. The customer sales (detail) report by currency is the most useful sales report we have as all fields may be added.
  3. The salesperson (detail) report by currency also useful.

Purchases:

1. The supplier purchases (detail) report by currency is the most useful purchases report we have as all fields may be added.

Realise we can't get Payables reconciliation reports yet due to credits in FX not being available.

Tks!

Super_Hag
Trusted Partner
52 Posts
Trusted Partner

Originating currency for both the aged payables, payables reconciliation, both Summary & Detailed please.  Also for the Sales side too please, in the 3 areas.  Last week I lodged with technical support that we cannot save Customised Reports in the Originating Currency!!  You get bombed right out of MYOB!!!

Super_Hag
Trusted Partner
52 Posts
Trusted Partner

Jobs can only be attached to AUD Customers - this is a real pain when a user is in the middle of a transaction.  When they go to add a new job, they have to remember to change the customer beforehand to being AUD so that the customer is accessible to the list of customers that you have access to.  It can be really annoying!

Super_Hag
Trusted Partner
52 Posts
Trusted Partner

My client has requested that it would be great to have the Sales & Purchases Registers (screen & Report) totalling in the originating currency please!!  At the moment, the totals are only in AUD, not USD or whatever.  (Have to run the Accs Rec Summary report)   I understand that in MYOB Premier, he could see quickly the amount owing in the foreign currency.

Super_Hag
Trusted Partner
52 Posts
Trusted Partner

Clint - there needs to be reports & screen totals in the originating currency!  For example, the screen needs to total in Orig Currency per Supplier or per Customer.  My client buys forward in different currencies & needs to see which invoices are due, as well as seeing which Customers' invoices are due so that he can anticipate what foreign currency he will be getting into his different bank accounts.  So, Sales & Purchase Register, Aged Receivables & Payables in Detail.  I can send you a screen dump of Originating Currency totalling in MYOB Premier if this helps.  Client is "incensed" that he can't produce this information!

clinteidelman
29 Posts
Former Staff

@Super_Hag - The Sales and Purchase Register show sub-totals on screen in originating currency as long as the first column grouping is Currency. Apologies that we don't yet show originating currency in reports (other than Recon Summary), I'm really hoping this will come soon.

Super_Hag
Trusted Partner
52 Posts
Trusted Partner

Thanks Clint!  Your advice re showing sub-totals in Originating Currency has been very helpful & I have shown the client as well.  The best way to print it out with the totals showing is to take a screen shot & then put it in an email/word document/Paint. 

I had hoped that by entering the column for Original Amount when printing off the Purchases Register would help, but it is picking up the AUD amount.

Neane123
Experienced Cover User
26 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Receivable & payable detailed reports in originating currency....an absolute must, so frustrating not to be able to do this.