Thank you for visiting our Partner Zone. This area is an exclusive space for MYOB Partners. Find out how to Partner with MYOB.
Share your ideas for improving the new AccountRight. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.
It is great that MYOB has multi currency but we dont have a field where we can display the purchase price. Like when you buy from overseas and pay in say USD there is no field where you can put this so you have a record of what was paid which we could refer to in future. At present when you create a new order it automatically picks up the landed cost not what we are actually paying the supplier.
I would be nice if a fieled was created under the buying details tab where you can enter the USD price and which it picks up when entering a new purchase order.
Can you please make a provision in the stock items to put in the purchase price in foreign currency. At the moment I am putting it in descriptions under item details which is not ideal. We need a dedicated field to put the price in.
When you raise a purchase order this should be in foreign currency as that is what we aree paying and ideally it should pick up the purchase price that has been set in the field dedicated as overseas purchase price.
Besides we cannot even find out what we paid previously as it all takes it in local currency and that too the landed cost not the purchase price.
I don't know if this helps, but I am using AccountRight 2020.2 and I have entered the purchase price in foreign currency into "Standard Cost" for our inventory. When I create a purchase order from the Stock Alert, it puts the correct pricing in for me at "Price". Then I change the currency for the PO to "SGD" and the "Standard Cost" shows correctly in the "Price (SGD)" column - so that works well for me. I also just checked and creating a PO from an Order seems to work this way as well.
The value of the Inventory account on the Balance Sheet seems to work on the "Last Purchase Price" so that seems ok? I'm not sure if there are any other ramifications of me doing things this way...
(Prior to upgrading I was using the old Premier 19 with a fixed currency exchange rate to convert the foreign currency purchase price into the NZD Standard Cost field and then using that foreign currency rate whenever I created a PO and that worked too.)
I hope this helps.
Ok, that's strange ay. I don't know if these ideas make a difference, but maybe worth checking to see if we have the same settings:
Starting with the Version, I'm using: AccountRight Premier NZ 2020.2.2
- Do you have Setup > Preferences > Inventory > "Use Standard Cost as the Default Price on Purchase Orders and Bills [System-wide]" ticked?
- I also have Live Exchange Rates turned on. (Setup > Prefs > System)
If anything else comes to mind, I'll let you know. Otherwise, maybe someone else will know. Below is a screenshot so you can see:
I really hope this can get sorted for you. So frustrating otherwise, I know.
I had a workaround for the old Premier 19 which I could tell you about but that seems pointless if you can get it running on this which is obviously the goal.
Thanks Caroline it worked after I ticked the standard cost, but now I have another problem. My purchase order is taking that as the local currency and converting it to USD which is incorrect. how do you then receipt the stock into the system?
How are you creating the PO? From Stock Alert ticking the box which then creates a PO to the foreign currency Supplier for the Item(s)? When you open the PO, it shows the foreign currency amount under "Price"? Then change the currency in the PO to the foreign currency and the foreign currency amount shows under "Price (USD)"? (In the Supplier card I have their default currency set to the foreign currency as well.)
When the PO is converted into a Bill the stock is receipted into the system for us. The amount paid for the Item converted to local currency = "Last Purchase Price" for the Item.
I have the Tax Rate for the Item when bought = "N-T" (No GST) too.
I create a purchase order by going to purchases/enter purchases. I have a customised order form that I use which has the foreign currency and local currency column. When goods arrive I do a costing outside of MYOB and then put in the landed cost to receipt the goods into inventory. In the supplier cards all the overseas suppliers have the correct currency allocated to them.
I have set up the tax code as E for goods imported in.
Hi @Claro - here are my results:
The foreign currency pricing is NOT correct when I create PO from Purchases > Enter Purchases.
The foreign currency pricing is correct when I create PO from Stock Alert.
The foreign currency pricing is correct when I create PO from within a Sales Order.
Sorry I can't help you beyond this. All the best.
Thank you so much for your help. I will let you know how I get on. )
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.