Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Multi-Currency: More reports showing values in originating currency

Former Staff

29Posts

0Kudos

2Solutions

29 Posts
Former Staff
Australia

What reports are most important for you to see foreign values ie. values in originating currency

Would love to hear from you in the comments

Thank you.

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: February 2023

Hi Everyone

With the release of AccountRight 2020.3, the following reports have been updated to support foreign currency transactions. You can now select local or foreign currency, as well as filter by currency, on:

• Purchases Supplier Summary report
  • Purchases Supplier Detail report
  • Sales Customer Summary report
  • Sales Customer Detail report
  • Customer Payments [closed invoices] report

50 Comments
Leahdaz
Experienced Cover User
43 Posts
Experienced Cover User

MYOB reports need to allow us to easily reconcile suppliers/customers accounts in originating currency. (like would could do in the old versions).

Types of reports required:

* Detail reports of Open Invoice lists in the originating currency. - MYOB 2019.2 only gives the option of the summary - NOT very helpful

* Detail reports of purchases during a given period of time in the originating currency. previously avail in the old version of myob under : Purchases Register Detail format

These need to be avail for both Excel or printing.

From what I can see the MYOB has gone backward with Multi Currency - very disappoint at this stage

clinteidelman
29 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Leahdaz 

If you're looking to run a quick report of open/closed sales or purchases in local/foreign currency, many users prefer to do this reporting directly in the purchase/sales registers, rather than running a report.

It is very quick to filter/search/group and sort in the register. If your first grouping in the register is by the Currency column, you'll also see sub-totals directly in the register, for example - grouping by Currency then Customer.

You can very quickly paste into Excel for further analysis/pivot tables by right clicking in the register and clicking Copy List To Clipboard.

You'll find more info about reporting here: http://help.myob.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=28477913#expand-Reportingonforeigncurrencytra...

jenniek
Ultimate Partner
2,917 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Receivables Reconciliation Detail and Payables Rec Detail - a obsolutely required in originating currency

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,839 Posts
Ultimate Partner

AR/AP detailed reports. Yes. Of course.

RobertV
Experienced Cover User
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Paying one of our foreign suppliers (in Euro), we have many invoices and orders in Euro for this supplier, each invoice can have 100 or more items, I found the Payable Reconciliation Summary report, where I can select the supplier and the originating currency that gives us one line with the amount owing in Euro, then when I go to the detailed report I dont have the option of the originating currency, it is in AUD Dollars and I need it in Euros, so i can reconcile the suppliers invoices (in Euro) against our purchase orders also in Euro's and that seems not possible,  its very dificult to see if the prices charged by the supplier match the euro prices entered on our order as we can only print the data in $$$ 

A solution would be appreciated

Robert

booksplus
Partner
3 Posts
Partner

Please please please put back the Purchase order report with original currency

nicolea
3 Posts
User

* Bank Reconcilations in originating currency

* Accounts Receivable reconciliation detail

* Accounts Payable reconciliaton detail

* Also, the ability to enter General Journals in a foreign currency

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,839 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi @nicolea , did you have GL accounts in version 19 in foreign currencies, which have now been converted to your home currency? Would these be for such things as inter-company accounts, foreign loans? What else?

The GL is now 100% home currency, and therefore you cannot keep a foreign currency GL balance except if it is part of receivables or payables. This function appears to have been deprecated, as a by-product of the design change. Any users affected by this change should add their comments. 

nicolea
3 Posts
User

HI @Mike_James - perhaps i should have provided more information with my post. Regarding the GL entry, I used to be able to post income accruals for example

Dr A/R Accrual - JPY

Cr Revenue

by changing the currency on that entry. We would then enter the JPY to AUD exchange rate in 19.14 and it would autopost the FX entries to the A/R JPY Exchange account (and revenue) to bring the ledger entries back to "home" currency. 

Unless I am mistaken I now need to do the conversion outside of MYOB for these accrual entries and post them in soley in AUD. Is this right?

Mike_James
Ultimate Partner
5,839 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi @nicolea , yes I believe that is correct, under the current design you cannot store the JPY value of the accruals in the GL now. Thanks for advising your business use.