Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

NO character LIMITS on COMPANY NAME - NEW UPDATE too restrictive!

User

5Posts

8Kudos

0Solutions

5 Posts
User
New
New

The new update makes it IMPOSSIBLE to add all the details I MUST put in the company name field. 

I MUST have the Company Name & Department written out in full (no abbreviations) for my clients and suddenly with the new update there is character limits on this field and I can't fit it all in! 

So I'm completely stuck - HOW CAN I CREATE NEW CONTACTS?!! This "upgrade" is causing me to loose money as I can not add new clients and create invoices for them. 

PLEASE FIX IT!!! 

9 Comments
rysacorp
3 Posts
User

Has anything been done about this?? This is such a frustrating, basic problem, that surely a Multinatuional company should be able to readily fix.

Provides a good example of why people are moving lock, stock to Xero...

CHGH
5 Posts
User

Haha NOPE - nothing. I've spent HOURS on the phone to them and they've said "we will ask the developers" - but i just don't get WHY they limited it in the first place! And yes I'm moving to Xero for the new financial year in July. HAD ENOUGHT MYOB **bleep**! 

rysacorp
3 Posts
User

Wow.

I think that, despite having used MYOB myself for some 8 years now, I will be doing likewise. Sad that they don't seem to care.

Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @CHGH 

Thanks for your post, I understand your frustrated but were happy to assist you. 

On our new updates, it has a limit of 49 characters on the Company Name including spaces. I'm sorry to hear that you're not liking it, rest assured that we'll relay your idea/feedback to the relevant team.

Please feel free to post again.

Best Regards, 

Cel

CHGH
5 Posts
User

Hi Cel, 

Yes but BEFORE there was NO character limit - so WHY ON EARTH do they need to introduce one?

For example one of my clients is: Monash University - Department of Nursing & Medical Sciences - and they will NOT ALLOW me to shorter the name of this is ANYWAY, they need it written in FULL for their system. This is 60 characters......

So I'm stuffed.....and I've got many other clients with equally detailed names. 

UNHAPPY5
6 Posts
User

This character limit is a big problem for our business too. We have government clients and joint venture clients all with names that exceed 49 characters. We have spent hours on the phone and logging feedback but MYOB simply doesnt care. This character limit didnt exist in the old version, so why introduce it in the upgrade. And today MYOB have the nerve to email me their new increased prices - for what!?! This software and service is a complete joke.

Please let us know when this will be fixed.

This is simply unacceptable MYOB

rysacorp
3 Posts
User

And today I recieved this!

Last year we gave MYOB Essentials a major upgrade, with a fresh new interface, more frequent updates, and a cleaner, mobile-responsive experience. We listened to feedback and launched MYOB Business, bringing these changes into a single business management platform that offers simple, more transparent pricing and the flexibility to grow with your business.

And email justifying an increase in monthly fees by (minimum) 10%, for a inferior product!

Is this a joke???

UNHAPPY5
6 Posts
User

I have been reading lots of posts in the forum and have just seen a post complaining about the character limits in December 2021. So this has been an issue for MYOB Business users since then and MYOB still hasnt fixed it.

MYOB WHAT ARE YOU DOING ABOUT THIS???

WHAT KIND OF ACCOUNTING SOFTWARE IS THIS IF YOUR USERS CANT EVEN SEND A INVOICE???

Sean_DC
MYOB Moderator
702 Posts
MYOB Moderator

We appreciate your feedback and suggestions. We'll relay this to the relevant team.