Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Online Emailing: Viewing content/message of ALL Emails sent

Contributing Cover User

6Posts

179Kudos

0Solutions

6 Posts
Contributing Cover User
New
New

It would be great if either

(a) we could see the message content of ALL emails, including statements

OR

(b) we could choose which emails to send directly from AccountRight and which not to send. e.g send Invoices but not Statements.

reason - had a customer balk at comments in a Statement email which was amended just for them, as they were seriously overdue, but we cannot see the message - therefore it would be good to either be able to see it, or choose not to send specified email types (and this choice would inlcude a breakdown of the Sales and Purchase email types e.g send Invoices but maybe not send Quotes).

"Emailing"

61 Comments
RECHEL
5 Posts
Cover User

I would really like to be able to preview Statements before sending them directly to customers.  At the moment I send it to my email and view the attachment before forwarding it to the client. If I miss anything, is there a way to preview statements before sending them out?

Kenwalls
2 Posts
User

In the 'Invoice Activity", it would be great to have a read receipt as per the attached photo so you can prove your customer received and read your invoice.

This is a screen shot from Xero; we recently changed to MYOB as you have better features, but this feature was very useful. 

I also know that Quickbooks online offer this feature too.

Untitled.jpg

kimbloid
4 Posts
User

I absolutley agree to all of the above requests.

It would be great if either - Infact I think it imperative!

(a) we could see the message content of ALL emails, including statements and reports and anything that is emailed to a recipient

OR/AND

(b) we could choose which emails to send directly from AccountRight and which not to send. e.g send Invoices but not Statements.

Also the restriction on the number of letters/words in a body of an email is too restrictive.

"Emailing"

FC20
1 Post
User

Why cant you view previous 'message' content for a remittance advice AFTER a remittance has been emailed from MYOB? You can view the message sent with invoices by clicking on the 'View All Activity' button, so why cant this be done for remittance advice?

Just an example, if there is a discrepancy on a payment and it is typed within the message text box of a remittance before sending it, how are you supposed to prove that you advised of the discrepancy if there isnt an option to go back and view it? With everything being paperless these days, i definitely would have thought MYOB would have this feature already (espescially considering the feature is available for invoices). 

Cindy_n
Contributing Cover User
12 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I agree we should be able to see all detail of the sent email content of ALL emails, including statements and all type of documents we sent out, including date/time, message subject, and the message body, this is very important when a person raises a question on this, we could not track or prove what, and when we sent out.

MelCole
7 Posts
Cover User

Is there any way of seeing the email text body once a "Quote" has been sent?

It doesnt seem to have an option for anything besides "invoices".

Would be nice to be able to go back to a quote and see what was written in the main body???

Trevor037
1 Post
User

I want to be able to review the contents of emails sent including view attached pdfs just like we can in Outlook or Windows Live Mail

ELVS
Contributing Cover User
24 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I would like to be able to see the content of all emails sent through MYOB Account Right.

It would also be good to be able to link to/work with Outlook so can see replies from customers in the thread that was sent from Account Right

MelCole
7 Posts
Cover User

Following as I would like to be able to do the same, very frustrating when you cant go back and see what was written in the content, especially when you send a quote.

AdmireAccounts
2 Posts
User

YES PLEASE! 

Chased a customer for payment last week via sending a Statement of Account - no response from her and I'd like to forward a screenshot of what I sent to our salesperson (showing the date/time). Plus confirmation of what wording I sent. 

Definitely good to have a "Papertrail" of all correspondence. All I can see is the delivered confirmation. 

Being able to see the body of all emails sent would be amazing.