Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Online Payments: Ability to select which payment methods are on offered

User

5Posts

27Kudos

0Solutions

5 Posts
User
New
New

Currently there is only the option to choose an online payment to include bPay, Visa or Mastercard.  We therefore can't use this as we don't accept credit cards.  However we would like to be able to email our clients their invoice with the direct payment option for bPay.

It seems very strange that we can not chose to have one and not the other!  Currently we must choose whether we want to have online payments or not.  We should be able to chose WHICH online payments we would like to activate.

We have rather large invoices and having to wear 1.8% surcharge of these credit card transactions would destroy us.

"Option to choose either bPay AND Credit card payments OR neither OR both"

20 Comments
BigTyre
Partner
3 Posts
Partner

I want to show my support for this feature as well. Our business is happy to let customers choose to pay hundreds of dollars on large invoices if they are desperate to pay by credit card. Not being able to turn off BPAY as an option completely undermines that as we end up with no control over how the fees are distributed. We shouldn't have to disable credit card payments entirely for large invoices just in case they decide to pay by BPAY. Considering the work that's been put into making sure we can opt in and out of passing on surcharges, not being able to opt out of a payment method which is fundamentally different to the others seems very shortsighted.

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,079 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @BigTyre 

Thank you for your post. And thank you for your additional comments on this. We'll relay your idea/feedback to the relevant team.

Cheers,

Princess

Flow
Experienced Cover User
40 Posts
Experienced Cover User

We should be able to choose which of the payment methods we wish to offer. Having to pay fees on BPAY but being able to pass the fees on for other methods means its cost affective and convenient to accept credit card but expensive for small business to allow BPAY. If BPAY won't allow us to pass on the merchant fee we should be able to turn that option OFF! 

I am sure there are other reasons why a business may not wish to allow a certain payment method. This should be the business owners choice not an "all or none" system. 

Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @Flow 

Thank you for your post. And we appreciate your patience on this. And also thank you for sharing your ideas/feedbacks.

We found BPAY is an easy way to manage bills with one payment method all through your online or mobile banking. I understand that some of our customers wanted to use another online payment option, but as of the moment turning off the BPAY is not an option with our system.  But rest assured that this has been brought to the attention of the appropriate team 

If you need further assistance in the future. or if you have any other queries, please don't hesitate to start a new post and we'll be happy to assist. 

Thanks, 

Cel

Celia_B
MYOB Moderator
2,108 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @Flow 

We just wanted to follow up on your concern. We simply wanted to ensure that we addressed your issue correctly. And if you require additional support with this, or if you require assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to post again. Alternatively, you can send us a Private Message. We are delighted to assist you. 

Best Regards, 

Cel

El_G
6 Posts
Cover User

Oh come on MYOB, Get this done. Can't be that hard

henry_
Contributing User
19 Posts
Contributing User

@El_G Unfortunately it does seem like it is too hard for them to implement such a fundamental feature which so many users have been asking for years. 

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,079 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

We appreciate your patience with the delay in our response. After conducting a thorough investigation, we have identified that the request to deactivate or unselect alternative payment methods for online invoice payments has been acknowledged and is currently under review by our dedicated team. We have also ensured that your feedback has been relayed to them, as we are actively compiling and monitoring the requests from users who are interested in having this feature implemented.

Thank you for your understanding. If there's anything else we can assist you with, please don't hesitate to start a new post.

Cheers,

Princess

henry_
Contributing User
19 Posts
Contributing User

@Princess_R When can we expect a resolution to be actioned by? 

Princess_R
MYOB Moderator
3,079 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @henry_,

Thank you for your post and patience with the delayed response.

I've further checked this on our end, and I can verify that our development team is actively looking into this matter. However, we are currently unable to provide a specific timeline for when this will be resolved. We regularly update our support pages with release notes, and we will certainly update this thread as soon as more information becomes available.

The prioritization of development ideas is often influenced by the number of votes they receive from our customers. Therefore, I encourage you and other users to vote for this idea to highlight its importance. 

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you require further assistance.

Cheers,

Princess