Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Online Payments: Credit Card Surcharge

Cover User

14Posts

482Kudos

0Solutions

14 Posts
Cover User
Australia

I have looked through posts dating back to 2012 and beyond where people have been requesting the ability to have MYOB automatically calculate and (where applicable) add a surcharge for Credit Card payments.

I have the PayDirect device and need to re-issue an invoice to manually add an extra line for a surcharge to the invoice while the customer is with me.

Now that PayDirect Online has been released, a customer has the ability to pay an invoice with their credit card at their leisure, but I end up being charged for it without the customer even being aware. I have phoned customer service and was informed that there is currently no way of automatically adding the surcharge and the system doesn't do it. I am currenlty on the screen to setup PayDirect Online so have not tested it myself. The advice of customer service was to increase my fees to cover the surcharge. Not really fair on people who are not paying by card.

Personally, I would have thought this is something that should have been written into the software prior to releasing the Online component, or should be an option included in the online section that adds the surcharge to the final total prior to the customer paying.

"Credit Card Surcharge"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: January 2021

Hi Everyone

Thank you for showing your support for this idea through the years.

Following on from our early adopter's program, with the release of AccountRight 2020.4 we have introduced the ability for users to pass on credit card surcharge for online invoice payments. Customer surcharging for online payments has more information on this topic and getting started with that.

Once again, thank you for your support and your patience for this long-awaited feature.

232 Comments
kitma
3 Posts
Cover User

i have voted for this.

This definately needs to be implemented.

Meredith82
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I completely agree with the comments above. We will not be using PayDirect Online until this feature is enabled.

BusGirl
5 Posts
Cover User

I also will not set this up until the automatic calculation of the credit card surcharge is enabled.

Kroma
1 Post
Cover User

I agree - need to recover the fees and pass it onto the card holder, as with airlines, hotels and other service companies.

SZAent
Partner
9 Posts
Partner

3 of my clients really want to implement this but won't until the automatic surcharge to his customers willing to pay the surcharge themselves applies. It sounds easy - if you want to pay the invoice via credit card, there will be a 2.2% surcharge. The ATO do it with their credit card payment facility for BAS returns, so it should be easy to implement. 

Tanialmm
Experienced Cover User
120 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I have set up the service but probably won't use it because the cost is too high.  I understand the $0.25 transaction fee, however a 2.2% surcharge is excessive and not in line with regular banking credit card facilities.

fayef
1 Post
Cover User

Yes same here, i wont be using pay direct unless myob can automatically generate the charge to cover the surcharge to the customer.

Muster
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Our margins are tight enough. We currently charge a surcharge to customers who pay by credit card, which only covers the fee that we pay. As such a tiny percentage of our customers current pay via credit card it is nor fair to the others, nor viable in our industry, to raise our prices to cover this extra cost.

Linbeck
1 Post
Cover User

Yes, agree.  Need to have option and automated to calculate credit card surcharge, if customer chooses to pay by credit card.

ACPT
1 Post
Cover User

I was just about to set up PayDirect when I realised it was not an option to pass on charges - I won't be using PayDirect until this option is available.