Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Online Payments: Credit Card Surcharge

Cover User

14Posts

482Kudos

0Solutions

14 Posts
Cover User
Australia

I have looked through posts dating back to 2012 and beyond where people have been requesting the ability to have MYOB automatically calculate and (where applicable) add a surcharge for Credit Card payments.

I have the PayDirect device and need to re-issue an invoice to manually add an extra line for a surcharge to the invoice while the customer is with me.

Now that PayDirect Online has been released, a customer has the ability to pay an invoice with their credit card at their leisure, but I end up being charged for it without the customer even being aware. I have phoned customer service and was informed that there is currently no way of automatically adding the surcharge and the system doesn't do it. I am currenlty on the screen to setup PayDirect Online so have not tested it myself. The advice of customer service was to increase my fees to cover the surcharge. Not really fair on people who are not paying by card.

Personally, I would have thought this is something that should have been written into the software prior to releasing the Online component, or should be an option included in the online section that adds the surcharge to the final total prior to the customer paying.

"Credit Card Surcharge"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: January 2021

Hi Everyone

Thank you for showing your support for this idea through the years.

Following on from our early adopter's program, with the release of AccountRight 2020.4 we have introduced the ability for users to pass on credit card surcharge for online invoice payments. Customer surcharging for online payments has more information on this topic and getting started with that.

Once again, thank you for your support and your patience for this long-awaited feature.

232 Comments
sbyrom
3 Posts
User

YAY!!! It's been such an incredibly long time coming but this is fantastic news to read .... THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

Now to access your rates, this will determine whether or not we choose to move from the Bendigo Bank Merchant MOTO option where "total charges" equates to just 1.4% per transaction value.

Kelly80
6 Posts
User

MYOB needs to create an automatic surcharge as part of the invoicing process for Credit Card payments. As a business owner, we cannot afford covering the price of the surcharge and we have to transfer the cost to our customer. Currently MYOB does not allw this to happen which is extremely annyoing and this is the only reason why I do not pay for this service.

BJCOMM
3 Posts
User

Hi Suja

I cannot believe it has taken this long just to get the process started.

What is the estimated date ? Please hurry up before I change my mind and move to Xero!

Albare
Trusted Cover User
171 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Is there any update to the feature being added as in this current climate far more transactions are now Credit Card payment to protect us from defaulting clients and also ensure the client is protected by normal credit card safety features.

Jazz77
1 Post
User

As a trade business we do many invoices big and small. The credit card facility when sending invoices in email was great until I had a couple of suprise large payments that I was unaware of until my bill form Myob turned up. So any job over $500 I untick the box that allows for online payments. This is ok but i feel that if a customer did decide to pay a large bill or any bill that they should pay for this service not the company issuing the invoice. The technology is there, a lot of the companies that I get invoices from have this facility with the option of:  1. direct debit with no charge and 2. credit card payment with all the fees for the customer to pay. 

BJCOMM
3 Posts
User

It's almost mid way through 2020 and still no update. I think we should all stop using MYOB and move to a different software like JCurve and they might get the message !

KTayl
5 Posts
Cover User

It's mid-2020 now - waiting for this update on the development of the auto-calculate feature like Xero and other accounting software programs have. Any update from MYOB, the latest comment in December from MYOB says early 2020?

JenatJohnDawes
Contributing Cover User
15 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Many of us have been asking for this feature since the ability for our customers to pay by credit card, There have been many updates to MYOB since then.  Please make this a priority.  Many private and government departments are able to add a button that if a customer wishes to pay by credit card it will calculate and add on the charge (eg Service NSW).  Was advised early 2020 it is now 2020.  What is happening.

CaraGifford
Partner
7 Posts
Partner

Hi Everyone,

Is there any update on this?

Thanks,

Cara

Albare
Trusted Cover User
171 Posts
Trusted Cover User

Here's an idea, maybe MYOB should drop charging us the credit card surcharge until their software can incorporate it automatically when customer makes a credit card payment....gotta go... my pet pig has a flying lesson this afternoon.