Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Online Payments: Credit Card Surcharge

Cover User

14Posts

482Kudos

0Solutions

14 Posts
Cover User
Australia

I have looked through posts dating back to 2012 and beyond where people have been requesting the ability to have MYOB automatically calculate and (where applicable) add a surcharge for Credit Card payments.

I have the PayDirect device and need to re-issue an invoice to manually add an extra line for a surcharge to the invoice while the customer is with me.

Now that PayDirect Online has been released, a customer has the ability to pay an invoice with their credit card at their leisure, but I end up being charged for it without the customer even being aware. I have phoned customer service and was informed that there is currently no way of automatically adding the surcharge and the system doesn't do it. I am currenlty on the screen to setup PayDirect Online so have not tested it myself. The advice of customer service was to increase my fees to cover the surcharge. Not really fair on people who are not paying by card.

Personally, I would have thought this is something that should have been written into the software prior to releasing the Online component, or should be an option included in the online section that adds the surcharge to the final total prior to the customer paying.

"Credit Card Surcharge"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: January 2021

Hi Everyone

Thank you for showing your support for this idea through the years.

Following on from our early adopter's program, with the release of AccountRight 2020.4 we have introduced the ability for users to pass on credit card surcharge for online invoice payments. Customer surcharging for online payments has more information on this topic and getting started with that.

Once again, thank you for your support and your patience for this long-awaited feature.

232 Comments
BJCOMM
3 Posts
User

Very quiet on update front from MYOB. Is anybody there ????

Alice_MYOB
MYOB Product Manager
7 Posts
MYOB Product Manager

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your continued interest in this feature and apologies for not providing an update until now.

Development work has commenced and we anticipate it’ll be launched around October this year. At this stage we’re looking to roll the feature out in phases:

1. We’ll start with the ability to enable passing on fees for card payments at a business level
  2. Then introduce an invoice level toggle (so you can have an business level default preference, as well as customise each invoice)
  3. And later the ability to customise the value of the fee that gets passed on

This is only an initial set of features we’re building out and may change pending further feedback from you, but our ultimate objective is to provide flexibility as part of the payment process.

We’ll be releasing this through an early adopter program so if you’d like to get involved and get access to phases 1 & 2 as early as August, we’ll be sharing the link to a registration form on this thread next week.

We’ve invested quite a bit of time upfront in planning, designing and delivering something that meets your needs which is why it’s taken us longer than anticipated to get to this stage, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. We apologise again for the delay in providing an update and hope you’ll take part in the pilot.

We look forward to hearing from you,

The Online Invoice Payments Team

Alice_MYOB
MYOB Product Manager
7 Posts
MYOB Product Manager

Hi everyone,

Just following up on our post above. If you'd like to participate in the early adopter program for this feature, please register your interest on this form and we'll get in touch.

Here is the plain URL: https://www.myob.com/au/comms/invoice-payments/expression-of-interest

We look forward to hearing from you,

The Online Invoice Payments Team

sbyrom
3 Posts
User

Hallelujah ... sounds great, thanks for the update.

I received my email with the link "Online Invoice Payments - Expression of Interest" and excitedly tried to register only to find the submit button just keeped scrolling (for more than 1hr now) ... hmmm wonder if this means they've been smashed with submissions or are they just teasing us???

JenatJohnDawes
Contributing Cover User
15 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I have received an email requesting online payment details expression of interest, hopefully this issue we all want fixed is finally going to happen.

If you have not received the email perhaps commenting in this post will generate one for you.

Jen.

Alice_MYOB
MYOB Product Manager
7 Posts
MYOB Product Manager

Hi @sbyrom,

We've received quite a few expressions of interest so far so the form does seem to be working; can you try the link again and let us know if you're still experiencing issues?

Thank you,

The Online Invoice Payment Team

Suzi_Byrom
Contributing Cover User
50 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi @Alice_MYOB 

Thanks so much for the heads up. I tried again via the emailed link received on my laptop, completed my details and it just kept scrolling like before ... but am happy to confirm that I logged in via my mobile device and it worked.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

Thank you for showing your support for this idea through the years.

Following on from our early adopter's program, with the release of AccountRight 2020.4 we have introduced the ability for users to pass on credit card surcharge for online invoice payments. Customer surcharging for online payments has more information on this topic and getting started with that.

Once again, thank you for your support and your patience for this long-awaited feature.

cruicky2340
8 Posts
Cover User

This should be implimented for all types of payments that involve a fee like Square and PayPal and general Etpos.

Currently is a nightmare when the amount we get paid is less than the invoice because of fees, especially if the invoice is in the previous quarter and is being paid in the next quarter.

H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User

Not sure why this is marked as 'done' when you can't exclude BPAY payments from the accepted payment methods but also can't pass on the cost of it. We'd actually be interested in this service if we could exclude the payment options that are going to cost us money.