Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Online Payments: Credit Card Surcharge

Cover User

14Posts

482Kudos

0Solutions

14 Posts
Cover User
Australia

I have looked through posts dating back to 2012 and beyond where people have been requesting the ability to have MYOB automatically calculate and (where applicable) add a surcharge for Credit Card payments.

I have the PayDirect device and need to re-issue an invoice to manually add an extra line for a surcharge to the invoice while the customer is with me.

Now that PayDirect Online has been released, a customer has the ability to pay an invoice with their credit card at their leisure, but I end up being charged for it without the customer even being aware. I have phoned customer service and was informed that there is currently no way of automatically adding the surcharge and the system doesn't do it. I am currenlty on the screen to setup PayDirect Online so have not tested it myself. The advice of customer service was to increase my fees to cover the surcharge. Not really fair on people who are not paying by card.

Personally, I would have thought this is something that should have been written into the software prior to releasing the Online component, or should be an option included in the online section that adds the surcharge to the final total prior to the customer paying.

"Credit Card Surcharge"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: January 2021

Hi Everyone

Thank you for showing your support for this idea through the years.

Following on from our early adopter's program, with the release of AccountRight 2020.4 we have introduced the ability for users to pass on credit card surcharge for online invoice payments. Customer surcharging for online payments has more information on this topic and getting started with that.

Once again, thank you for your support and your patience for this long-awaited feature.

232 Comments
gcsss1
3 Posts
Cover User

So this feature still hasn't been added to MYOB invoicing... dissapointing......

sbyrom
3 Posts
User

After much frustration following this feed and MYOB's inability to take action on what their clients want ... I think I've finally found an alternate product/facility that suits our business’s needs. Most of our Account Clients pay us by EFT which generally works well for us, with only 1 or 2 Clients that pay by cheque, other cheques would be from Cash Sale Clients and it is this group that mostly ask if we have credit card facilities in place.

MYOB's solution to not giving us the option to pass on their credit card fees is to just incorporate it into our pricing - effectively having to increase the pricing across all our clients simply because maybe 5% want to pay by credit card ... hmmm I think not, especially if we want to remain competitive in an industry who's clients are often predominately focused on the dollars, and not necessarily appreciating the extra value they get from our service.

I’ve been looking through the different products offered by our bank (Bendigo) and feel that their Online MOTO products will suit us best. This is an online payment portal that is actually run by Mastercard (is linked to our Bendigo account) and can be used via our computer/pc, tablet or smartphone. It's low cost and simple pricing makes it the perfect solution of our business as we control who we accept to make payments by credit card - which means we can make allowances for and inbuild the fees into the pricing for these specific clients. 

Key features and link for those who may be interested: https://www.bendigobank.com.au/public/business/take-and-make-payments

1. Separate standalone product/app – separate to your online banking. 
  2. Can be set up and customised to suit up to 99 users.
  3. The Bendigo Bank have no other Set-Up or Merchant Charges on top of The Simple Pricing fees that are listed below.
  4. For customers with monthly transactions over $20,000 a custom pricing package is available.
  5. Takes approximately 1 to 2 weeks to set up.
  6. Simple to use
  7. MOTO Pricing.pngMOTO Pricing 2.png
damoz
1 Post
Cover User

It's now 2019 and MYOB still haven't got their act together regarding the option to automatically add the surcharge to the paydirect invoices. Xero have had this feature for years now!

Cassie13
Experienced Cover User
16 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Very disappointing i still can't use this feature. most of our customer pay by EFT, with only few by credit card. i am currently using Square to accept these payments and oncharging the customers, id rather it be automated as this would be alot easier for us. 

candycolinas325
1 Post
User

For Real, i have to send so many invoices, an automated credit card surcharge to customers would be a real time saver. 

Nick_Robson
Contributing Cover User
12 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I think we should have the option to be able to add to bill the fee for the online payment. Something like a check box to agree that MYOB can make change to invoice to cover the extra fees.

PBA_KL
Partner
6 Posts
Partner

Great idea!

Maryke
6 Posts
Cover User

MYOB, please action this. Your clients are losing money everytime we allow this option of credit card payments. Please allow the ability to charge a credit card surcharge if people choose to pay this way. We are going to have to turn the feature off if this is not resolved.

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Hi everyone,

Thank you very much again to all of you for your comments and votes on this idea.

Your thoughts and feedback are regularly fed back through to the product teams working on Invoice Payments.  This includes surcharging capability as well as some of the pain points mentioned here.

We are actively looking at how we can enhance Invoice Payments functionality and are currently working with some of our partners to get more insights into how we should do this. We will also be getting in touch with a number of you on this thread to get your input - so please keep an eye on your inbox/private messages for a message from us.

Thank you all again for your patience with this.

Cheers,
Suja Pillai

Social Support and Community Manager

Electrotel
Experienced Cover User
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User

@Suja_P  I'm still waiting on an update on this.

Again, in an increasingly difficult and competitive market there is barely any wiggle room to increase our prices.
We have a handful of clients that pay via credit card and it all adds up at the end of the month as more people move online to pay via CC.

How has this been one of the most requested features for the last couple of years and there is no solution?
How are you one of the largest accounting softwares and cannot partner with a bank to enforce the surcharges through their portal?

Boggles my mind.