Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Online Payments: Credit Card Surcharge

Cover User

14Posts

482Kudos

0Solutions

14 Posts
Cover User
Australia

I have looked through posts dating back to 2012 and beyond where people have been requesting the ability to have MYOB automatically calculate and (where applicable) add a surcharge for Credit Card payments.

I have the PayDirect device and need to re-issue an invoice to manually add an extra line for a surcharge to the invoice while the customer is with me.

Now that PayDirect Online has been released, a customer has the ability to pay an invoice with their credit card at their leisure, but I end up being charged for it without the customer even being aware. I have phoned customer service and was informed that there is currently no way of automatically adding the surcharge and the system doesn't do it. I am currenlty on the screen to setup PayDirect Online so have not tested it myself. The advice of customer service was to increase my fees to cover the surcharge. Not really fair on people who are not paying by card.

Personally, I would have thought this is something that should have been written into the software prior to releasing the Online component, or should be an option included in the online section that adds the surcharge to the final total prior to the customer paying.

"Credit Card Surcharge"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: January 2021

Hi Everyone

Thank you for showing your support for this idea through the years.

Following on from our early adopter's program, with the release of AccountRight 2020.4 we have introduced the ability for users to pass on credit card surcharge for online invoice payments. Customer surcharging for online payments has more information on this topic and getting started with that.

Once again, thank you for your support and your patience for this long-awaited feature.

232 Comments
martinjgreen
Partner
6 Posts
Partner

Customer service kind of have a point. A more pertinent question would be who DOESN'T use card these days? So increasing your fees to cover it makes absolute sense.

LS-PHC
Experienced Cover User
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User

This is a bad omission for a significant accounting package.

wcl
1 Post
Cover User

Completely agree, this is a basic function that should have been added before launching this system. Cant see how we can use paydirect until this is available. Hope this will be rectified asap!

Sarahd
2 Posts
Cover User

I agree, I'll be signing up when we can charge clients for the CC fees

go_chris
Experienced Cover User
22 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Totally agree.  PayDirect appears to be a great feature but I won't be using it until I can add a credit card surcharge.

Rajb64
1 Post
Cover User

Same here

Gib
Partner
1 Post
Partner

Hi All

I have been using Mpowered services which is great because I can pay suppliers, staff and also do spend money transactions all from MYOB 19.11.  I am strongly considering upgrading to 2016.2 but still the issue remains as you all have mentioned of not auto calculating the surcharge.  If I have a customer that puts $20000 in one invoice then that is a large charge for me that has not been catered for.

Mpowered had this problem and PayDirect is no different.  Come on MYOB please help us before we all change to XERO Smiley Happy

dwhit
1 Post
Cover User

Totally agree. A must for the service to be really beneficial. 

mrmdf
Experienced Cover User
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hello All

The Transaction cost is what concerns me with the 0.25 c and  2.2% added to every Invoice that is emailed out.

That is adding alot on to Individual Invoices especially when we do over say 1000 Invoices and some with a high customer total to be paid.

This would be out of our reach as say an Invoice total is $ 500.00 adding 2.2% is adding another $ 11.00 do the Customer.

I am sure our customers would not pay this extra charge all the time.

To use Online Payments weekly or even monthly.

Thankyou. Roz

AM_ITS
5 Posts
Cover User

Must completely agree with the above. We will not be using this service until the surcharge can be passed onto the customer. Increasing our fees to compensate for the lack of functionality or forethought by MYOB is completely out of the question. Also, why is it that Xero allows their customers to use an alternative third party provider like PayPal in combination with their own payment system?

I’ve been using the MYOB system for over 10 years paying for the newest, latest and greatest version every year. I recent years we’ve move to their monthly service plan option so that we remain current with our software and I can honestly say I’m completely disappointed in the lack forward progression in the MYOB software compared to the other newer programs available today. Having the company file online has made the system slow and with the lack of options available to us, the customer, regarding payment methods on invoices or on-charging the surcharge makes me ask the question, why stick

around?

I apologise if this sounds like a jab at MYOB, it’s not, I’m just a frustrated loyal user.