Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Online Payments: Ability to select which payment methods are on offered

User

5Posts

27Kudos

0Solutions

5 Posts
User
New
New

Currently there is only the option to choose an online payment to include bPay, Visa or Mastercard.  We therefore can't use this as we don't accept credit cards.  However we would like to be able to email our clients their invoice with the direct payment option for bPay.

It seems very strange that we can not chose to have one and not the other!  Currently we must choose whether we want to have online payments or not.  We should be able to chose WHICH online payments we would like to activate.

We have rather large invoices and having to wear 1.8% surcharge of these credit card transactions would destroy us.

"Option to choose either bPay AND Credit card payments OR neither OR both"

20 Comments
Vincent-J
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User

my understanding is that MYOB payment gateway charges the same fees for Bpay as credit cards. So Bpay only option isn't that attractive!

DamienD
Experienced Cover User
56 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I totally agree - I DO NOT want to accept BPay AT ALL, but it appears it is an "all-in" or "all-out" approach which is rather short-sighted and does not allow us to manage OUR business the way we want to. 

We should also be able to set within the customer account whether they have online payments as an option or not, instead of having the "oh **bleep**" moment when you have forgotten to deselect the "always-on" checkbox - another dictated feature method and not allowing us to manage our business the way we want to.

I have deactivated my service and I am yet to use it due to the incomplete implementation of this much-needed feature.

karen-bomac
Experienced User
24 Posts
Experienced User

I was investigating this option today as we do occasionally get asked if we accept credit card payments. This might be worth looking at for the $0.25 fee if we can pass along the rest of the fees to our customers. However, NOWHERE in the help or community can I find the cost to us of BPay. It's not something I'm prepared to look into if I can't even see the cost. If we could choose credit cards as an option without BPay I'd be all for it. (And based on the comments in the community, there are far more than the few who have posted here!)

DamienD
Experienced Cover User
56 Posts
Experienced Cover User

So many updates since I last posted here and still the "always checked" online payment is there when I create an invoice, I want it to be always unchecked and ONLY checked when I wish to offer a client the ability to pay online.

I also do not want BPay at all, yet it remains as the all-in or all-out option and for that reason it remains turned off for me. It seems MYOB are not interested in making money from my transactions as they refuse to listen to our requests in regards to this. 

karen-bomac
Experienced User
24 Posts
Experienced User

I'm pretty sure you can update this in the browser version under your business name (top right) and Sales Settings. I only know this because I just watched the webiner yesterday, which is what sent me investigating this option in the first place. Smiley Happy 

Vincent-J
Contributing User
10 Posts
Contributing User

Appallingly so.... despite many different requests - you can still not
- accept credit card payments without offering BPAY as well

- pass on 1.8% Bpay fee (which is a rip off) - only the CC 1.8% fee (reasonable)

DebDamman
6 Posts
Cover User

Should be able to choose BPay or Credit Card or Both. Should be able to collect the surcharge on Bpay or Credit Card or Both. Anything else is just a nonsense.

zoen
1 Post
User

We need the ability to remove BPAY as a payment option. We only want our clients to pay via credit card or Bank deposit. Please add the options to chose what online payments we want activated on our accounts.

henry_
Contributing User
19 Posts
Contributing User

I strongly agree with providing MYOB users with the ability to specifically turn on which payment methods they would like to use. This seems like such a basic option which I am surprised has not been implemented already. Until this feature is added into MYOB Business/AccountRight, the online invoicing payments is useless for my business as I only want to turn on credit card and not BPay as a payment option. 

jenni
Experienced Cover User
78 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi, I totally agree!

When you are dealing with large amounts, who wants to pay an extra 1.8%?