Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Sales: Make Customer PO Number a required field for certain customers cards

Contributing Cover User

10Posts

75Kudos

0Solutions

10 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia
New
New

I have several customers who state that they will not pay invoices if their purchase order number (a.k.a customer PO) is not stated on the invoice they receive. The problem is, these customers are usually large organizations, and sometimes junior staff order goods without knowing that they have to provide a purchase order number. We then get left in the lurch in terms of payment.

I'm aware of the issue, so I always request a PO number, but I think it would be nice to have a failsafe so that if I hire new staff, they can't accidentally generate invoices which customers are unlikely to pay (if they forget the customer PO number).

For this reason, I am wondering if a 'require customer PO' option (or similar) could be added on a per-card basis? I have called MYOB support and apparently no such feature currently exists. At the moment, we simply have to write a reminder into the card's address field, which is not a very clean solution.

If anybody knows of a suitable workaround, I would appreciate the advice.

Thanks,

Dean

"Require customer PO to record invoices for a given card"

Capture.PNG
18 Comments
mcv
Experienced Cover User
45 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Also take note that sometimes my statements all go out of whack when i send a invoice with proforma as the PO number - sometimes i dont get the order number until the next month and then if i dont change dates the customer gets a statemetnt with an invoice that shouldnt be there....

Really need the Proforma Invoice option....    its not a quote... and its not a invoice.. its in between...

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello @mcv

I think that you will find that your issue can be eadily solved.

What I suggest is that open the  customisation for your current invoice form and save as with a different name such as PROFORMA INVOICE. Then customise it by removing the field that says "Invoice Type" and in its place put a Text Box that reads "PRO FORMA INVOICE"

Capture.JPG

Then create a quote and print or email after selecting the Proforma invoice form instead of the usual invoice form.

Cheers

David

TanyaMc
Experienced User
25 Posts
Experienced User

I support this suggestion if AccountRight will allow us to indicate on the customer's card that particular customers require purchase orders so that it brings it to our attention when raising an invoice it would be fantastic!

SKing
Experienced Cover User
13 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Or even just a flag that this customer requires a purchase order.

Jorbill
Experienced Cover User
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I have found that MYOB does not have a Preference for Sales to tick a box requiring Order Numbers are to be recorded for Customers Invoices this has been asked many times by my customers. With not having this it makes it hard to remember each individual customer who requires order numbers to be noted on invoices. Surprised this is has not been implemented for Customers whether it be per customer on there Card or in the Prefernence section of sales.

Regards Donna

3WCReception
1 Post
User

Totally agree.    My situation is slightly different from those mentioned.    We invoice a group of customers with the same invoice.  Some require POs others not so fussy.   Problem is that invoices don't go straight to accounts - so when they finally get there, there is one frustrated accounts person looking for not existant PO - and often it crosses month end and of course they want a current date on the invoice....    I do too many of these to much around with proforma invoices - I just want to be able to mark the card so that for this client I have to enter a PO before going any further.   No all clients - JUST THIS ONE!   

I am seriously frustrated that a system such as MYOB does not allow for this.

hfmeats
1 Post
User

Is this feature in development?

You just need a flag on the customer..... requires PO and a piece of code saying if there is a flag prompt user.

This would be extremely helpful to a lot of users

Jorbill
Experienced Cover User
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Has this been resolved as it seems this is an option that needs to be implemented as I to need to have Po's for customers but not all and I am not expecting staff to remember every customer that needs one.