Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Pay Bills: Pay Multiple Bills (not all) auto fill

Contributing Cover User

13Posts

18Kudos

0Solutions

13 Posts
Contributing Cover User
Australia

It would be great to have a checkbox next to each Purchases in the Pay Bills window, which allows you to select it for payment and automatically add the amount to the total.

At present, my only option is to "Pay All" or manually type in the amount I want to pay for each purchase. I can't event select the amount owed to copy & paste the amount into the Applied column; I have to read & type each amount which is prone to error.

In addition, after I type the amount and hit Enter, that amount is then automatically negated on the purchase below. If I want it to calculate the total amount, I have to click int the Amount field. Why is this a manual process??

If I have 10 open bills to a Supplier and I only want to pay 5 of them, it should be as checking as selecting the 5 bills I want to pay and it displays the total.

"Pay Multiple Bills (But Not All) Auto-Fill"

pay-bills.png
Current Status: Done
Last Changed: February 2023

Hi Everyone

When using the Create supplier payment window in the AccountRight Browser interface there is a check box next to each listed purchase. Selecting this check box will auto-fill the payment amount for that selected purchase.

Please note: The AccountRight Desktop application will allow the user to select the Pay All button to pay all purchases in the window for that supplier. If you do wish to exclude some purchases using this method you would need to remove the amount listed in the Applied column for that selected purchase.

3 Comments
Haydes
MYOB Product Team
6,317 Posts
MYOB Product Team

Hi @snowbie2

Thank you for the feedback here, as a quick thing to add if you have added the total amount into the Amount field and start clicking the "Amount Applied" fields against each purchase, it will auto-apply the amount to close the Purchase on each click.

See this GIF:

multi-purchase.gif

This may be a suitable option for you as this Idea is passed onto our Product Team.

Cheers,
Hayden
MYOB Partner/Social Support

snowbie2
Contributing Cover User
13 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Thanks Hayden.

So is the suggestion that I use a calculator to manually find out the total amount I need to pay, and then MYOB will let me allocate to each bill as I click on it until I reach the total Amount?

Or is the suggestion that I enter a randomly high number in the Amount field (higher than the amount I need to pay), then click on the bills I want to pay, then click on the Amount field again and it will calculate the actual total?

Seems like the process is in the wrong order. Who calculates the total before deciding which bills to pay?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

When using the Create supplier payment window in the AccountRight Browser interface there is a check box next to each listed purchase. Selecting this check box will auto-fill the payment amount for that selected purchase.

Please note: The AccountRight Desktop application will allow the user to select the Pay All button to pay all purchases in the window for that supplier. If you do wish to exclude some purchases using this method you would need to remove the amount listed in the Applied column for that selected purchase.