Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Payroll: Pay Employee - Ability to enter a note field (to be included in Pay slips)

DKP
Trusted Cover User
Trusted Cover User

62Posts

221Kudos

3Solutions

62 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia

Hi Gurus.

Would like to submit idea that a ''note'' feature be added to Payroll so we can make annotations during the processing of payroll that will then be shown on staff Pay Advice.

Back in the old days it was ok, as we would hand write notes on the Pay Slips to hand out. But now with them being emailed, i then have to either send personal emails to employees (which sometimes forget) , or chase the staff down in the car park.  

The notes are not major, just things like:  ""Paid missed overtime from last payroll"" 

Just a thought

Thanks Muchly

"Payroll Notes"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: September 2020

Hi Everyone

With the release of AccountRight 2020.3, users can now use the Memo field of the Pay Employee window to record a note. This note will be shown on the [Memo] of the pay slip form (when added).

19 Comments
KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you @DKP

I can see how this may benefit a lot of clients that want to add notes to payslips. I encourage all users that would like to see feature in a future upgrade to post comments and use the vote option. 

Kellie_Cablenet
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

In the Card File, there is a Notes section on the Card Details tab.  Any notes you type appear on the payslip underneath the employee's details.  See below:Payroll Advice showing notes.jpg- I actually find this quite annoying as there is nowhere that I can save (for example), next of kin details as it prints them on each payslip.  So here's a new suggestion - could you please add a place for next of kin details or emergency contact details to be added?

KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Thanks for your suggestion @Kellie_Cablenet So that our developers can track the popularity of ideas, we ask that you raise a separate idea on this exchange for adding a next of kin details or emergency contact details to the card file.

Kellie_Cablenet
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Thanks @KattC.  @DKP - this was also supposed to be a response to your query - is this what you are looking for?

DKP
Trusted Cover User
62 Posts
Trusted Cover User

I will give it a go next payroll,

but being able to do it within the payroll screen would be better than having to go to the employee card file halfway thru processing. As i believe the note may stay there until physically removed, so it may show up again next payroll.

You know how we can enter a blank line in purchase invoice?  something like that would be great, at the bottom of the payroll lines.

thanks

KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @DKP

This is correct it will stay in there until you manually remove it from the card file. 

I have shared your ideas with the team, thank you for your feedback. 

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello Kellie,

MYOB Account Right can already do what you are after by using the Custom Fields on the Employee card. these will not show on the payslip unless you want them to, unlike the Notes fields. Have a look at the Support Note on using Custom Lists and Custom Fields from the following link.

http://myobaustralia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9074/kw/9074

You could set up and name Custom Field 1 as Emergency contact  CF2 as Relationship. or you could use  a Custom List with the various types of relationships.

see if this works for you.

Cheers

David

Pirate1
Contributing Cover User
18 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi All

Yes, I beleive being able to add a Notes line within the actual payroll processing would be great - as DKP has suggested.

In the interim DKP, what I have managed to do (and depending on how many pays you process), is that when I am emailing the payslips, I do not tick the employee that I need to add a comment to.

I send all the other payslips (that's if MYOB doesn't have a meltdown and crash because an email address 'triggers' an error).

Go back into Email Payslips and the employee that needs the comment remains - tick him and add you comment into the Message section or the Default Emails section (bottom left corner) and add in your comment.  You can then email the payslip with the add message/comment.

Just remember to go back in and delete the added comment through the Default Emails, so that it does not appear next time.

I know this appears to be a drawn out process, but can work quite well if MYOB doesn't crash in between emailing payslips.  It is alot easier than going into the employee card.

Funny that we could add comments in quite easily and email without any problems in v19.10 ...

Pirate1
Contributing Cover User
18 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Oh, sorry forgot to add DKP, that this only adds the comment in the body of the email that the payslip is attached to - not the actual payslip.

I find this sufficient though for making quick comments like you have suggested - the note/comment is still on the email that the payslip is attached to.

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Pirate1

Fantastic, thank you for sharing your workaround to this idea so that others may benefit.

Instead of changing the default message i.e. selecting the Email Default, you could look at changing the message on that particular email. To do this when you go to Payroll>>Print/Email Payslips>>To Be Emailed tab>>Highlight the relevant payslip and update the email message as required.

As I've just discovered the message box is limited to displaying a small box rather than other versions and windows which would have a larger one, if you are entering a longer message then perhaps look into changing the default message as indicated.