Partner Zone

Share your ideas for improving the new AccountRight. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Payroll: Pay Employee - Entitlement overuse warning

Cover User

1Posts

114Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Cover User
Australia

I would like to see MYOB create a feature that warns you if someone has overused their Sick and Annual Leave allowance when processing pays

"Sick leave overuse warning"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: April 2014

I am please to report that we have implemented this feature and it will be available in the 2014.1 release which will be available in the next few weeks. Thank you everyone for your feedback on the product and your idea, keep them coming.

17 Comments
Nicole_Brand
233 Posts
Former Staff
Thank you for submitting you idea. We have registered it. For anyone who agrees and would like to see this feature, please vote for it.
Julie_A_C
Partner
3,363 Posts
Partner

I agree that this needs to be integrated into MYOB somehow. 

Either that we get a warning if we put in more hours than are available or if when you drill down on the arrow next to the leave to record dates of leave being taken that it shows the hours that are accrued.

The first option would be the best as some people don't record in MYOB the actual dates of leave being taken or any other notes, these records are just kept on the staff file.

Quickbooks have had the ability to see the amout of holidays and sick days accrual when recording a pay for an employee for years.

JasonHill
5,899 Posts
Former Staff

CTCS
1 Post
Cover User

The leave tracking information window is a useful tool to report actual leave dates and information. It would be helpful if current entitlement balances for the employee could also be shown in this window to reduce the need to revisit the card file to determine if the employee has sufficient leave entitlement

Rebecca12345
Experienced Cover User
76 Posts
Experienced Cover User

oh yes that would be a good idea

livlee
Contributing Cover User
15 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I think it would be very useful if either the balance of entitlements showed up on timesheets or even better a warning came up when you try to allocate hours to an entitlement that will go into the negative. 

ASWatCR
Partner
243 Posts
Partner

You have my vote

Platinum2
1 Post
Cover User

It would be useful when you are processing payroll, and an employee has taken leave, for some sort of alert to pop up if the employee is exceeding their current leave entitlement.

This would save having to run a leave report every time an employee has leave, to check they have enough for the time they have taken off.

Tricialcbl
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I agree, it is frustrating to have processed someone's payroll and then to realise they have gone into negative sick or annual leave.  MYOB should lt you know when an employee is about to go into negative leave so that you can manually override it if you want to or adjust their pay as necessary.

ASWatCR
Partner
243 Posts
Partner

FYI - This has already been requested on the forum. - and has received a significant number of votes.  If you search "Sick leave overuse warning" you can vote for it there.