Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Pay Superannuation: Delete or hide reversed paysuper payments

Experienced Cover User

72Posts

802Kudos

0Solutions

72 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

There is currently no way to hide or delete authorised (or approved) PaySuper transactions so ones that need to be amended will still show as partially authorised (if 2 authorisations required)

"PaySuper - delete or hide reversed paysuper payments"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: March 2021

Hi Everyone

Thank you for showing your support for this idea through the years.

With the release of AccountRight 2021.1, we have introduced the Pay Superannuation status "Reversal Completed". This will alert users that the payment has been reversed and prevent the payment from being completed. For more information on Pay Superannuation statuses please see Help Article: Make superannuation payments.

Once again, thank you for your support and your patience for this long-awaited feature.

202 Comments
Hopeful
Experienced Cover User
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User

If I could just change the account that the proceeds come out of that would suffice.

sambennett
Trusted Partner
52 Posts
Trusted Partner

Paid and fully authorised payments should not be able to be deleted. However it would be good if unauthorised payments could be deleted/hidden.

If it is a security feature that the payment can not be deleted, that is fine, but to be able to hide the reversed payment would be good. It is concerning that someone might accidentally approve the amount just sitting there at a later date.

cwfsg
1 Post
User

I would appreciate a fix to delete unwanted unauthorised Super payments

konmanos
Trusted User
95 Posts
Trusted User

The response from MYOB in 2014 - Yes - 2014 (5 years ago) - was:

Thanks for your excellent suggestion @scfsh We are definitely seeking feedback on how we can make the manage payments screen easier to use. Anyone with feedback on how they would like to be able to filter, remove or hide transactions on the manage payments screen, please leave your comments here.

Seriously - there are better Accounting packages out there.. Keep up with the latest and greatest.. 

Boz72
1 Post
User

I cannot believe that since 2014 this function has not been activated.  As MYOB professional partner over 10 years, it is embarrasing to advise clients that this shortcoming exists.  I can see why other accounting packages are becoming more popular than MYOB.

ESBSS
Experienced Cover User
12 Posts
Experienced Cover User

The ability to cancel out a "Pending Authorisation" recorded transaction and one that that subsequently had to be "Reversed" should have already been in place on launching this facility as the system doesn't allow you through the Preferences to choose a default bank account.  This is calculated risk and should've been provided for originally - that people would accidentally choose a different "bank type" account accidentally thinking that the system has correctly defaulted to displaying the last used bank account when making an authorised payment.  Not happy Jan - please fix this asap.

Ryder
1 Post
Cover User

We should be able to delete super payments showing as "pending authorisation" in the Managed Payments screen (for payments which may have been reversed or made in error that are still showing as pending).

Please fix this ASAP!

Gaynor
1 Post
Cover User

I would like AccountRight to include the ability to delete or hide reversed Pay Super transactions.

mps2
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User

If a superannuation "Pending Authorisation" has been reversed the status should either hide the transaction from the Manage Payments List or be changed from "Pending Authorisation" to reflect its current status. 

Naomi_Roskell
Partner
157 Posts
Partner

Hi MYOB

I cannot believe that 5 years later, over 400upvotes and over 13 pages of comments, this is still listed as "Open"?

WOW! JUST WOW!!!

Naomi