Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Pay Superannuation: Delete or hide reversed paysuper payments

Experienced Cover User

72Posts

802Kudos

0Solutions

72 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

There is currently no way to hide or delete authorised (or approved) PaySuper transactions so ones that need to be amended will still show as partially authorised (if 2 authorisations required)

"PaySuper - delete or hide reversed paysuper payments"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: March 2021

Hi Everyone

Thank you for showing your support for this idea through the years.

With the release of AccountRight 2021.1, we have introduced the Pay Superannuation status "Reversal Completed". This will alert users that the payment has been reversed and prevent the payment from being completed. For more information on Pay Superannuation statuses please see Help Article: Make superannuation payments.

Once again, thank you for your support and your patience for this long-awaited feature.

202 Comments
Remon
Experienced User
20 Posts
Experienced User

Come on MYOB, this issue is back to 2014!!

AnthonyRizzo
Experienced Partner
15 Posts
Experienced Partner

It's now September and 2020.3 and I cant see this functionality ever having made past the "release notes". Am I looking in the wrong place?

These days it appears to me that accounting software is becoming way too restrictive and controlling without any flexibility for the real world. I raised this issue back in 2015 and cracked open a bottle of champagne when I heard the news it was going to be implimented in 2020.2, could have allocated that bottle to an actual achievement of sorts.

Call me critical but at the end of the day, the Devs really need to consult with partners in the real world who use the software in real-live situations. Doesn't help to ask us questions like "what are the common mistakes you notice occur when using the software in the real world so that things can be put in place to allow a simple way to back-out these mistakes?"

CG2018
3 Posts
User

I use MYOB Account Right 2020.4.2 version, which still doesn't have the ability to hide or delete reversed "pending authorisation" super payment. 

Jit
1 Post
Cover User

I would prefer to have reversed superannuation payment taken out of the manage payment area or greyed out.

A reversed payment should never be available for accidental authorisation in manage Payment window.

sambennett
Trusted Partner
52 Posts
Trusted Partner

Fantastic that you can do this - can we now have super on reversed wages also show in the pay super box now? Please

trioplumb
Experienced Cover User
46 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Great fix finally going forward, but how do I remove old pay super amounts sitting at pending authorisation

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

Thank you for showing your support for this idea through the years.

With the release of AccountRight 2021.1, we have introduced the Pay Superannuation status "Reversal Completed". This will alert users that the payment has been reversed and prevent the payment from being completed. For more information on Pay Superannuation statuses please see Help Article: Make superannuation payments.

Once again, thank you for your support and your patience for this long-awaited feature.

Gold_Class_Acc
Partner
8 Posts
Partner

I understand that with the new AccountRight 2021.1.1 any new reversals will be maked as suggested,however

I still have entries in the list that were reversed in 2017 and 2018 that are still showing "Pending Authorisation"

How can we mark these as reversed. The is still no way to do this, and this was th eoriginal request all those years ago

Please help

Thanks

Trav9999
Experienced Partner
80 Posts
Experienced Partner

@DazzaB agree 100%

There seems to be more focus on introducing new features (which a lot are not needed!) rather than fixing existing bugs.

Dlmad
Partner
40 Posts
Partner

Please please - get this happening.  this has been on the cards since 2014!!!!!!

makes for a messy and can lead to more errors.  Also we should be able to reverse individual super payments - not the whole payment.  this is silly.

Australia
November 2014

There is currently no way to hide or delete authorised (or approved) PaySuper transactions so ones that need to be amended will still show as partially authorised (if 2 authorisations required)

"PaySuper - delete or hide reversed paysuper payments"