Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Pay Superannuation: Delete or hide reversed paysuper payments

Experienced Cover User

72Posts

803Kudos

0Solutions

72 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia

There is currently no way to hide or delete authorised (or approved) PaySuper transactions so ones that need to be amended will still show as partially authorised (if 2 authorisations required)

"PaySuper - delete or hide reversed paysuper payments"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: March 2021

Hi Everyone

Thank you for showing your support for this idea through the years.

With the release of AccountRight 2021.1, we have introduced the Pay Superannuation status "Reversal Completed". This will alert users that the payment has been reversed and prevent the payment from being completed. For more information on Pay Superannuation statuses please see Help Article: Make superannuation payments.

Once again, thank you for your support and your patience for this long-awaited feature.

202 Comments
pldaye
8 Posts
Cover User

To prevent confusion and duplications in manage super payments it would make a lot of sense to me if they display the  reversal or have the ability to remove it completely out of pay super.

GEOFFS
Experienced Partner
18 Posts
Experienced Partner

Yes, absolutely need to be able to hide reversed payments of super in Manage Payments. Would be even better if the wrong'un could be deleted in the first instance - and why not ?  We are human, make mistakes sometimes, so deleting would be preferable (but only if not authorised, of course). Thanks.

konmanos
Trusted User
95 Posts
Trusted User

Since 2014 - This issue has been around and around, with little URGENCY from MYOB. It seems to me that MYOB - are telling you just that. Mind your own business and we will mind our own business. The errors that this has caused - with or without - any knoweldge cannot be recorded. It is a feature that should have been implemented - simialrly to the updates that occur to PayRoll from ATO etc. The feature requested is around PayRoll and rules and regulations that are mandatory to be correct/accurate and transactional down to the date/time. To have such a feature remain in error is not only - irresponsible by MYOB but also against the audit requirements that can be imposed on you by such agencies as the ATO etc. MYOB - it has been 4 years since this issue was raised and you have served no service or urgency to your customer base on such an important and costly item that has been missed. It should not be seen as a "Idea Exchange" but a "Mandatory Change" - as this costs businesses money and in some cases jobs, for a simple mistake that can be irrecoverable.. Get serious MYOB and place some URGENCY on features that are making your product COST your customers more money and TIME - complete opposite of what your software is supposed to be. My last post!!

CherylC4870
1 Post
Cover User

The super fund is not flexible if you have made an error. Need to be able to delete payments allocated if you made an error.  Needs more flexiblity 

BulimbaOSHC
Experienced Cover User
45 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Please come up with a feature to remove a pending authorisation of Pay Super.  I've done it through another Clearing House and it is still showing as pending and sitting in bank reconciliations.  Very annoying.

ASparks
Trusted Cover User
73 Posts
Trusted Cover User

This really needs to be addressed - even the ability to change the memo so that "reversed" can be added.  Surely not that difficult MYOB? 

Kingsley
Partner
2 Posts
Partner

Just echo-ing everyone else's sentiments.  Please MYOB - allow us to delete or hide incorrect super payments.

We just had a client authorise a super payment that was reversed in the payroll but was still showing in the super payments area.  Very frustrating for both us and the client.

SuusjeDaw
4 Posts
Cover User

I have a Situation where the super was paid out of the wrong account in MYOB. Because thats where the money was.. MYOB took the money out of the account that did not have enough fundes in it, hence it bounced back. in order to fix it. There was no means to change the bank account at the top of the payment. Not even in doing the reversal..?? (So please change that).

So via Jnls that has been rectified.. It has now been repaid out of the correct account.. BUT when i go into Pay super and put that period in it shows up as if it has not been paid..??? Normally you enter a period that has been paid it will come up Blank. Not once you have done a reversal..??? ( CAN YOU PLEASE FIX THAT)

Kind Regards

STracy
Partner
32 Posts
Partner

This was originally put up as a requested feature 4 years ago and it still hasn't been actioned.  Poor form MYOB.  Tonight is the first time I have had to reverse a Pay Superannuation and fortunately it is on my own file, so I won't accidently go and pay it twice, but it should defiently be hidden from view to prevent being paid in error.

Mermaidcleaning
1 Post
Cover User

I have the same problem and that thread was from 2014, does anyone else have this problem?

I have reversed super payments, however they still sit in the "manage payments" section as pending authorisation as "Pending Authorisation" I need to stop them from showing otherwise the person who authorises them may accidently process them.  

Does anyone know if this as been resolved.