Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Payroll: Period start and end dates

Cover User

2Posts

151Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
Cover User

I would like a feature to set up the payroll period eg. Pay week is Monday to Sunday, payday Tuesday etc. 

when the pay roll is run on Tuesday the dates for the payroll start and end dates would default to the previous monday  and sunday, or what ever the user has set as being the start/end dates for the payweek.

"Payroll period start and end date"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: August 2013

Thank you for your idea. How many other people would like to see this change made. Please vote for this idea and add a comment if you have more to add.

38 Comments
Rebecca12345
Experienced Cover User
76 Posts
Experienced Cover User

hi @georgieh 

yes i agree.

Our payrun is Monday to Sunday, and each week I have to change the start and end dates for the payrun. It would be great if in settings we could set our standard pay cycle and it would default to that.  And while at it, it would be good if it could also default to your normal payment date too (every Tuesday in this example)

lisadgs
Experienced Cover User
33 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Yes couldn't agree more.  It would be great if in Setup > General Payroll Information we could have our standard pay cycle setup i.e. weekly ends on Wednesday or fortnightly ends on Sunday etc.  

Then when going into the Process Payroll it would have the Weekly Pay period start and Pay period end being accurate without user intervention (unless specifically required as a one-off).  

Would LOVE to see this resolved.  I have been using MYOB for 15 years and every week when I process pays this irritates.  

Thank you

Rebecca12345
Experienced Cover User
76 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Further to this idea, another thing I'd like to see about the payrun start and end dates... it would be beneficial to have the dates show the day as well... for example once you have picked the Pay Period Start and End dates, it shows the date as dd/mm/yy.  It would be awesome if it showed it, for example, 'Monday 11/05/20' instead of just '11/05/20' so that you can see at a glance that you have the right date.

Robynlz
Experienced Cover User
12 Posts
Experienced Cover User

This is a great idea! i would love this function

Bec_Archer
Experienced Cover User
17 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Agree.  This irritates me so much.  

Wendy2018
Trusted User
77 Posts
Trusted User

Agree.

J-H
Experienced Cover User
48 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Totally agree

Katherina_White
Contributing User
15 Posts
Contributing User

I'm new to MYOB and came to the forum to see if there was anthing I was doing wrong in my setup as I was sure that there must have been a fix for this -- turns out its a problem for more than myself. To be able to set your pay date and pay period seperately only makes sense and honestly should be a standard feature. Crazy to think MYOB hasn't made the improvement in the last 8 years!