Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Payment Summaries: Ability to prepare after signing up for Payroll Reporting (STP)

Partner

2,368Posts

408Kudos

424Solutions

2,368 Posts
Partner
Australia

With the release of AccountRight 2020.2 one of the 'features' is this:

Removal of Prepare Payment Summaries (Australia) 

Updated: If you’ve registered for Single Touch Payroll (STP) through AccountRight, you’ll no longer need to prepare payment summaries (you’ll finalise your end of year instead). So we’ve removed the Prepare Payment Summaries button from the Payroll command centre for those businesses who have registered for STP.  

However, although an employer is no longer required by law to provide an employee with an annual summary slip, a number of my clients would have liked to produce these for their employees as a courtesy.

Yes, the employee's final pay slip for the year will show their YTD figures, but the employees are acustomed to receiving this each year as a separate item.

So, as a courtesy to employees, could we please have this back as an option.

Regards,

AlanT

"Please return the Prepare Payment Summaries option to Payroll"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: February 2023

Hi Everyone

Once STP is enabled in the company file users should be using that process to generate and finalise their employee records. However, if you are still wishing to generate a payment summary this can be actioned via the Command Centres menu (top of the screen)>>Payroll>>Prepare Payment Summaries.

24 Comments
Cath48
5 Posts
User

Hi Alan

What version of AccountRight do you need to have Payment Summeries as an option??  I no longer have it available - Build: 2020.2.23.9038 Product 2020.2.2.

Thanks

AlanT
Partner
2,368 Posts
Partner

Hi @Cath48 

From the AccountRight menu, select Command Centres » Payroll » Prepare Payment Summaries

Regards,

AlanT

Cath48
5 Posts
User

Thank you Alan

I have now found it - I was not looking in the drop down menus ......clearer notes on updates or known bugs would certainly not go astray and save people time and energy and assist in these sorts of situations....

Jenni21
Contributing User
11 Posts
Contributing User

Agree Cath48

J-H
Experienced Cover User
48 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Thank you AlanT,

This makes my end of year STP Payroll check for ATO reporting so much easier - still labourious and only allows check on Gross & PAYG and does not

show allowances.

Last year I used both STP report and PAYG summaries to check pays including allowances - will now be able to check all figures and be confident with the

correct reporting!

J-H

Michelle_MC
3 Posts
User

I totally agree with this request to return the option to print PAYG Certs!  

Lisa1987
Experienced Cover User
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User

It also is a good backstop to check for errors in the STP as I discovered last year!

GayleHEH
Experienced Cover User
34 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi all,

I found the same thing however you can still do this if you go into Command Centres > Payroll through the top menu bar.

Found it by accident.

Hope this helps.

Gayle 

glenicet
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User

Thank you everyone.  I think this should be put out there everywhere, as many are asking to be able to print them.

joc
Experienced Cover User
33 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I agree that some sort of End of Year report per staff memeber would be good to have. staff also like to have something that gives them their total figures for the year