Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Payment Summaries: Ability to prepare after signing up for Payroll Reporting (STP)

Partner

2,368Posts

395Kudos

424Solutions

2,368 Posts
Partner
Australia

With the release of AccountRight 2020.2 one of the 'features' is this:

Removal of Prepare Payment Summaries (Australia) 

Updated: If you’ve registered for Single Touch Payroll (STP) through AccountRight, you’ll no longer need to prepare payment summaries (you’ll finalise your end of year instead). So we’ve removed the Prepare Payment Summaries button from the Payroll command centre for those businesses who have registered for STP.  

However, although an employer is no longer required by law to provide an employee with an annual summary slip, a number of my clients would have liked to produce these for their employees as a courtesy.

Yes, the employee's final pay slip for the year will show their YTD figures, but the employees are acustomed to receiving this each year as a separate item.

So, as a courtesy to employees, could we please have this back as an option.

Regards,

AlanT

"Please return the Prepare Payment Summaries option to Payroll"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: February 2023

Hi Everyone

Once STP is enabled in the company file users should be using that process to generate and finalise their employee records. However, if you are still wishing to generate a payment summary this can be actioned via the Command Centres menu (top of the screen)>>Payroll>>Prepare Payment Summaries.

24 Comments
glenicet
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User

I am not sure if Payment Summaries were always there or not, but it is now - in Command Centres along the top, Payroll, Prepare Payment Summaries.  Great!!

Ele
Trusted Cover User
99 Posts
Trusted Cover User

A paper one marked in big letters - this is YOUR copy - would be good.

Maddie_G
45 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @AlanT 

I asked this question a few months ago, the reason they were removed so that Employers don't double up with submitting Payment summaries to the ATO and finalising in the Payroll Reporting Centre through STP. Apparently so many people had done that who hadn't upgraded their AccountRight 
It isn't an officialy payment summary but you could press on the download report button from the three dots in line with the Employee's name in the Payroll Reporting Centre under the Finalisation tab and send that report? It shows all the YTD figures and the different payroll categories, deductions etc. I hope this is helpful? payrollreporting.PNG

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi Everyone

Once STP is enabled in the company file users should be using that process to generate and finalise their employee records. However, if you are still wishing to generate a payment summary this can be actioned via the Command Centres menu (top of the screen)>>Payroll>>Prepare Payment Summaries.