Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Payment Summaries: Email

Former Staff

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Former Staff
Australia

Hi

It would be a good idea to email payment summaries to the employees from MYOB like the payslips rather than doing it manually

"emailing payment summaries"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: May 2016

Hi everyone, 

We are excited to announce that this popular idea has been implemented in AccountRight 2016.2! You can now email original and amended payment summaries to your employees using AccountRight online email feature, or Microsoft Outlook. For more information on v2016.2, please check out this blog: AccountRight 2016.2 now available

Thank you all again for your votes and suggestions on this idea. 

76 Comments
KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for the feedback @ValerieJohns

This is becoming a very popular idea, I do agree with you if you can email payslips you should be able to email payment summaries. 

Once again thank you got your comments I have passed these onto the development team.

SuezyM
Experienced Cover User
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Emailing payment summaries should be part of the package. 

It is crazy that you have to save the pdf, create an email - attach the pdf to the email (which is not always easy when staff have email addresses that are not particularly reflective of their name) and then send.

Having all these steps leaves room for error and given that you can email payslips directly,  it should follow that you can email payment summaries.

Kimgoldcoast
Experienced Cover User
30 Posts
Experienced Cover User

yep gets my vote to email plus dont forget I want to email using gmail.

Kim

Jodie-SSS
11 Posts
User

Hi,

Well for as long as I can remember when printing off the 200+ PAYG Summaries I had the dreadful task of trying to fold the papers to actually fit the standard DL Window face envelopes.... and yes it happened again this year.   Can you please fix ready for next Financial Year.  Also when posting the PAYG's for this year the post office informed me it will cost $1/envelope next year, can you also add in an upgrade to actually email the PAYG Summaries.  Due to our business having a lot of casual/seasonal employees  a lot of them change residential address but still have an email address.  We get an average of 20% return back to us and we have no contact whatsoever of whereabouts of old employee. 

Regards

Jodie Middleton-Clark

Statewide Shearing Services Pty Ltd

Jodie-SSS
11 Posts
User

Yes definitely voting on this... with over 200 employees and postage fees going up to $1.. will save a lot of time and money.

KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for your valuable feedback @Jodie-SSS I have shared your comments with the team 

CazFromVMG
7 Posts
Cover User

Jodie-SS we already email our payment summaries.  The same employees who we email payslips to, we email their payment summaries.

Jodie-SSS
11 Posts
User

Cazarific.... how is this done in Account Edge NE??? 

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Jodie-SSS

Thank you for your feedback in regards to the payment summaries and showing the address information on the payment summary. I have marked your idea as under consideration in regards to that. I do encourage others that would like to see the option for the address to be moved on the payment summary to align with envelopes to vote and comment if required for this idea.

In regards to emailing payment summaries I would encourage you to show your support for emailing payment summaries elsewhere on the AccountRight Idea Exchange. I believe @CazFromVMG was referring to the workaround of generating a PDF copy via saving the payment summaries and then manually attaching to emails. Alternatively if you are on AccountEdge you can use the Print Payment Summaries option and within the MAC printer window select PDF>>Email PDF in the bottom left. Please note that you would need to manually add in the email address of the employee and also it would need to be completed one at a time.

CazFromVMG
7 Posts
Cover User

Yes, unfortunately I was referring to the workaround.  For MYOB to implement this idea like other software providers would be extremely helpful. We find the workaround more productive than the issues associated with folding, enveloping and postage.