Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Payment Summaries: Email

Former Staff

1Posts

0Kudos

0Solutions

1 Post
Former Staff
Australia

Hi

It would be a good idea to email payment summaries to the employees from MYOB like the payslips rather than doing it manually

"emailing payment summaries"

Current Status: Done
Last Changed: May 2016

Hi everyone, 

We are excited to announce that this popular idea has been implemented in AccountRight 2016.2! You can now email original and amended payment summaries to your employees using AccountRight online email feature, or Microsoft Outlook. For more information on v2016.2, please check out this blog: AccountRight 2016.2 now available

Thank you all again for your votes and suggestions on this idea. 

76 Comments
Justin_Sp
Contributing Partner
9 Posts
Contributing Partner

Hi yes PLEASE add this as an option. Myself and 2 of my staff members just spent a very long Saturday emailing out 880 certificates individually and very carefully so that none were accidentally emailed to wrong addresses. Hoping that by next June 30 this is an option.

deir-a
6 Posts
Cover User

Im really surprised this is not a standard feature yet!  Quickbooks has had it for years.  It is vital if you have a large number of employees.  Why is it any different to sending out payslips or remittance via email ?  The functionality is already there.

Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi there @Beach_Jo,

Thank you for your feedback. Given the popularity of this idea, we are certain that our developers will look into incorporating this feature as it's clear that it would be of much benefit to a lot of our clients. As mentioned, when we have any further information regarding this, we will be providing an update to all relevant clients.

Cheers,

Tallie

BusybusyFH
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Please Please please..make this email of payment summaries happen ASAP!!!

I across two companies had 1283 payment summaries to run this year. Its ridiculous that they can't be emailed. I have been asking for many years now and this is the first time I've seen a possible light at the end of the tunnel. We are a smallish company with MANY sometiems only single day casual event staff, but they still need payment summaries. Its a massive task and I've been working on it for days. The system kept falling over as there are so many so now I have to tick a group and let it run so i can save copies. As so many people  moved and dont tell us or they loose then AGAIN. With a soft copy I could easily send straight from MYOB. It would make my life  sooo much easier apart from saving around a $1000 on postage not to mention time to fold and stuff into envelopes. Please make 201-2016 the year it actually happens!!!!!! Smiley Happy

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @BusybusyFH

Thank you for your feedback in regards to emailing payment summaries. 

Along with commenting you can show your support for an idea on the AccountRight Idea Exchange by voting. To vote for an idea select the + VOTE button the left of the idea's name.

karen_OIS
Partner
1 Post
Partner

120 Payment Summary manual emails later.... Smiley Mad Don't think I'm loooking forward to this again next year after years of it already in MYOB. Hopefully emailing payslips directly from MYOB will be available for 2016 End of Year... Smiley Happy Please, Please Please!.... Strongly considering moving to another Accounting Software Package. Smiley Sad

Melita
Experienced Partner
16 Posts
Experienced Partner

I already email my payment summaries from the saved PDF files simply located them and email individually. However I dont have that many to do. It would be great if we could simply email then when processing and save us the time and effort of doing them individually.

Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi there @karen_OIS,

We are sorry to hear about the troublesome process you've gone through emailing out all your employee's payment summaries. We do most certainly agree that having the option to e-mail them directly from the program would be a fantastic feature that would be a benefit to a lot of clients - especially those with a lot of employees, such as yourself (120 of them would indeed be a lot of work)!

Given the popularity of this idea, we have no doubt that this is something that the product development team are looking into implementing into AccountRight soon. Please do note that when this feature is set to be incorporated into the software, the status of the idea will change to reflect this accordingly.

Cheers,

Tallie

Tallie_M
4,461 Posts
Former Staff

Hi there @Melita,

We most certainly agree that it would be a fantastic idea for the software to allow clients to e-mail payment summaries to employees straight from within the program.

As mentioned, we are hoping to see this developed - hopefully before the next end of financial year period!

HeatherDBS
Experienced Cover User
126 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Wish I could vote 100 times for aligning the address with window-faced envelopes. Smiley Happy Or at least being able to customise that part of the form even if nothing else?