Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Payroll: Ability to remove categories used on timesheets

Cover User

2Posts

162Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
Cover User
Australia

We use timesheets and then process the payroll from there.

It would be most useful to be able to deselect a wage category from individuals when the category is no longer used.

This is not possible - the message that appears states:- This wage category is used on timesheets for this employee and cannot be deselected.

Even if the category is in previous payroll years it is still not able to be deselected.

Your consideration in fixing this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Judy

"Remove payroll categories that have been used on timesheets"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: November 2014

Thanks for your suggestion @Judy005  Could anyone else who wants to be able to remove payroll categories that have been used on timesheets from an employee, please cast your vote here.

61 Comments
Freman
Trusted Partner
131 Posts
Trusted Partner

How on earth this basic functionality (converting an employee from Salary to Hourly & Vice Versa) is still allowed to be broken by historical time-sheets is saddening. 

Can old histroical timesheets be purged these days?

CoffeeCo
5 Posts
Cover User

Can you please fix this.  We only have one employee that this issue applies to, but after reading the forum I will now have to go back and delete his payslips and set up a new card for him as I was hoping this would be resolved when the payroll rollover was done in July.

ThereseW
1 Post
Cover User

I have been a MYOB user for over ten years. I wish to offer a useful suggestion. When I am doing the pays for 38 people, it is quite annoying that when I open up the pay individual window, I cant delete previous categories that have been used. If we have an employee that joins us at 15 and is still with us at 20, I have five categories for 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 and 20 showing that I cant delete the previous ages. I can delete the public holidays off the pay window, so why cant I delete the previous ages?

I have been paying over 30 people for over 5 years and this problem has started about 12-18 months ago. If I deleted a category as they got older, it would still show up on their payslip with the total, but I would not have to scan through 5 age groups, each time I am paying someone. So I can have 5 age groups, 5 Saturday age groups, 5 Sunday age groups, 5 public holiday age groups. Please suggest to your it guys to have a serious look at

hopeful_habits
4 Posts
Cover User

Completely agree with include the option to deselect a payroll category that has ben linked to timesheets from an employee's card.  It must be a very common occurrence for an employee to change status, particularly from hourly part-time basis to full time salary basis of employment.  Who needs the extra admin???

Jaydup
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I used "Back Pay" for a one-off payment to a staff member numerous years ago.  Our normal daily payroll category is "Base Hourly".  When typing it in, it's really annoying that I can't just select Base Hourly for this employee.  Surely it's an easy thing to allow it to be deselected on a staff member's file, and added if required.

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello @Jaydup

Yes it is an easy thing to do.

Open the employee card then Payroll details and then Wages.

take the tick off Back Pay.

Yhat will fix it for you.

Very easy.

cheers

David

Jaydup
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi David.

That was the first thing I tried.  If it was that simple, I wouldn't have had to message this forum.

When I do that, I get an error message:

"Error

One or more payroll categories cannot be deselected as they have been used on recorded timesheets"

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello @Jaydup

Thanks for the additional information.

Are you are saying that you cannot remove the tick against Back Pay on the card?

Capture.JPG

When that tick is on then when you are entering payslips and type the letter "B" you see both Back Pay and Base Hourly payroll categories, and I understand your annoyance.

Capture2.JPG

But when the tick is taken off then you only see the Base Hourly.

I cannot understand why that does not work for you.

Another option is to change the name of the Back Pay categor to something else. For example Missed Pay or zBack Pay.

cheers David

Jaydup
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Here is my screenshot.   Yes, I think I will have to re-name Back Pay, if that is my only other option.  I don't understand, when it's a new payroll year, why I can't de-select it.

Capture.JPG

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello @Jaydup

When you have taken off the tick, do you still see the back pay when entering timesheets?

you cannot however delete a payroll category when it has been used in the past.

Cheers

David