Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Payroll: Ability to remove categories used on timesheets

Cover User

2Posts

162Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
Cover User
Australia

We use timesheets and then process the payroll from there.

It would be most useful to be able to deselect a wage category from individuals when the category is no longer used.

This is not possible - the message that appears states:- This wage category is used on timesheets for this employee and cannot be deselected.

Even if the category is in previous payroll years it is still not able to be deselected.

Your consideration in fixing this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Judy

"Remove payroll categories that have been used on timesheets"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: November 2014

Thanks for your suggestion @Judy005  Could anyone else who wants to be able to remove payroll categories that have been used on timesheets from an employee, please cast your vote here.

61 Comments
Jaydup
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

David, when you click "Ok" to the message above, it re-instates the tick.  

As I said, I have tried the obvious routes.

TMAC
1 Post
Cover User

I have some employees with 24+ payroll categories that I have to scroll through to use the correct one. Can't remove, hide or suspend as they have been used on a previous timesheet.

It's making processing timesheets very time consuming and increasing the risk of mistakes.

Talia_MacqCon
Experienced Cover User
21 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi TMAC, I believe the usual advice is to rename unused categories to start with a "Z" so they appear at the bottom of the list. However I have "Kudoed" every feature suggestion I can find about having the ability to archive or purge old categories! Can't understand why this isn't available. I have found posts requesting this dating back to 2014 and it still hasn't been done, which is frustrating.

mifant
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Also would be great to be able to archive old employees so they don't appear on the employee cards list

YPK
Experienced Cover User
60 Posts
Experienced Cover User

@mifant- Couldn't you just make those employees inactive and/or if they are no longer employed, enter their termination date into their card. (Admittedly you do need to select the hide inactive cards box in most windows to get them to disappear but at least you have that option.)

DiEmmo
3 Posts
Cover User

Due to changing wage payments to be all inclusive of allowances we have quite a list of categories that haven't been used for years but can't be deleted. This would be most helpful in keeping things in order especially with ATO reporting!

Wendyd
1 Post
Cover User

Hello, I am trying to remove certain payroll categories from an employees pay slip but because we had previously allocated a payment to that category I cannot delete it. Is there a way that it still is "live" but I can keep it in the background and not appear on the payslip? Thanks

KDBA
Experienced Cover User
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User

This issue is still current....4 years on.  In my mind this is a major flaw of MYOB that leads to a number of payroll errors.

Whispatchet
5 Posts
Cover User

I am definately all for this becoming a feature!! We have all sorts of weird and wonderful wage categories that people have recieved over the years and we just want to be able to tidy things up.

Being able to remove or mark categories 'inactive' so they cannot be used would also be great.

Whispatchet
5 Posts
Cover User

How come this still isn't a thing? We really need this feature please!!