Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Payroll: Ability to remove categories used on timesheets

Cover User

2Posts

162Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
Cover User
Australia

We use timesheets and then process the payroll from there.

It would be most useful to be able to deselect a wage category from individuals when the category is no longer used.

This is not possible - the message that appears states:- This wage category is used on timesheets for this employee and cannot be deselected.

Even if the category is in previous payroll years it is still not able to be deselected.

Your consideration in fixing this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Judy

"Remove payroll categories that have been used on timesheets"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: November 2014

Thanks for your suggestion @Judy005  Could anyone else who wants to be able to remove payroll categories that have been used on timesheets from an employee, please cast your vote here.

61 Comments
metrogroup
8 Posts
Cover User

I can not fathom why this was marked as an issue nearly 5 years ago and it still has not been fixed. Nearly 90% of our employees are paid under an EBA which has different categories for each level, but once an employee is promoted I can not deselect there previous category for payment.

If I knew this was an issue I would have never started using the timesheet function!

Montagu
Experienced Cover User
28 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I definitely need this option.   When staff move from casual to permanent I use separate payroll categories, but am still left with the casual payroll categories as well.  Can create havoc when using API sync and wrong pay category is used in the roster system and pays the staff a casual rate instead of permanent.

FHR
3 Posts
Cover User

Yes - extremely frustrating that a category cannot be deselected just because there is history in a timesheet. Leave the history with the Timesheet! I dont want to have to plough through 25 incorrect category options just because a previous MYOB user didnt know what they were doing, or because I've changed an employee from hourly to salary, or from casual to part time or full time. The logic being used is TOTALLY illogical and frustrating.

KDBA
Experienced Cover User
14 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Are there any updates on this? Is it going to be included in upcoming versions?  Please?

@Judy005 wrote:

It would be most useful to be able to deselect a wage category from individuals when the category is no longer used.

This is not possible - the message that appears states:- This wage category is used on timesheets for this employee and cannot be deselected.

Even if the category is in previous payroll years it is still not able to be deselected.

Thanks

Judy

AngelaF
3 Posts
Cover User

This is such an annoying detail that I'm encountering for the first time now, but I see from reading the threads that it's been an issue for other users for years! 

Time to fix it guys! It's not like MYOB is free, it costs enough that you should be able to manage things like this in less than 5 years!

KDM
2 Posts
User

This drives me crazy that we cant deselect a payroll categories from an employee.

I was so excited to clean up the categories now that I am in a new payroll year, but I cant.

Make its really easy to make an error and choose the incorrect payroll category that is no longer relevant.

empressjo
2 Posts
Cover User

I cant believe this issue still has not improved. Due to a complex EBA the only way 30+ employees are paid the correct rates & allowances is to have difference payroll categories, which should be cleared after the payroll year has been rolled over.

metrogroup
8 Posts
Cover User

@Judy005 wrote:

Thanks

Judy

Any update at all on this MYOB? There have been numerous people requesting this but you have been ignoring the issue for the past 5 years!

FreyaBrilliant
Experienced User
13 Posts
Experienced User

This would be amazing to have - at some point ten or fifteen years ago, one of my clients was using expense payroll items to do their employee superannuation. This is no longer true - those payroll items have not been intentionally used in a number of years. I need to be able to remove them to prevent their inadvertent usage when someone is setting up employees.

SusanMMatthews
3 Posts
User

I so need to be able to unselect pay categories from employee's standard pays after timesheets have been submitted as we now have new payrates for our employees, which then means more payroll categories to be created.  Is there any chance that this is still being looked at to have this function please.