Partner Zone

Share your ideas for improving the new AccountRight. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Payroll: Calculate superannuation for all employee regardless of age (under 18 year old included)

Experienced Cover User

51Posts

52Kudos

0Solutions

51 Posts
Experienced Cover User
Australia
New
New

I know that superannuatin is only compulsory for under 18 year olds if they work more than 30 hours a week, but it would be good if MYOB could have an option for allowing superannuation to be automatically calculated by MYOB for those employers who want to pay it to all employees.

Currently, it is only automatically calculated when the pay includes more than 30 hours for the staff member.  I have an under 18 who we pay superannuation for (regardless of hours worked), and so I have to remember to manually add it in to each pay.

"Superannuation for under 18 year olds"

5 Comments
Tjaltjraak1
Experienced User
17 Posts
Experienced User

Great idea, I have the same problem.  We employ several under 18 year olds and pay them superannuation regardless of the number of hours they work and each payroll cycle I have to remember to manually calculate their super.

echokim
Experienced Cover User
77 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I just do it quarterly with the Super Reconciliation.

Email the "super update payslip" to the employee then.

KayeC
Contributing User
8 Posts
Contributing User

We would like this option also.  Currently manually adjusting 4 employees each week

D-C
8 Posts
Cover User

please insert an option so that we can pay under 18 for less than 30 hours per week as per our aggreement with them

Leneth_A
MYOB Moderator
2,009 Posts
MYOB Moderator

Hi @D-C

Thanks for your post and welcome here to the Community Forum. Thank you for adding your vote and commenting on this post regarding the option to pay for 18-year-olds for less than 30 hours per week. We understand the importance of this feature to your business. Rest assured that your suggestions and feedback will be communicated to the team. 

Feel free to post again anytime you require further assistance. 

Cheers,   
Leneth