Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Payroll: Inactive button for payroll categories

Experienced Cover User

13Posts

147Kudos

0Solutions

13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New
New

Creation of an "inactive" button for Payroll Categories.  For example, when a employee has left the company & you don't want to see / choose that category from the list anymore you can't delete it because the system sees it as being used.  So, it would be helpful if you could have something like an "inactive" button on the each categories, so it can be seen, or not seen from the selection list.

"Inactive Button for Payroll Category List"

28 Comments
LeighDay
Contributing Partner
11 Posts
Contributing Partner

for EBA Construction Industry payrolls:

1.  Allow payroll categories to be made inactive

2.  Allow previously used categories to be deselected in employee card

2.  Reports for CoInvest & Incolink contributions payable

carolineannoyed
1 Post
Cover User

There are a lot of things in the new MYOB that you can't seem to get rid of now when we used to be able to. The files are getting bigger and bigger with useless information no longer needed but still in the system

BreRen01
1 Post
Cover User

It would be handy if we could also remove a payroll category in the editing stage. 

Rather than redoing the whole payroll for 1 mistake. 

Screenshot 2018-09-10 14.29.15_LI (2).jpg
Whispatchet
5 Posts
Cover User

There are a few threads for this request. It's silly how we can't even hide them from the list, or remove them from payslips or setups.

If you add all the threads' votes together it's over 120 votes, so can we get on this please, MYOB?

CREE8
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

We would like to archive Payroll-Wage Categories that are no longer used BUT have been used on previous payrolls.
This means we will not have the unused "categories" in the current payroll

TTASK
Experienced Cover User
19 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi

Can we PLEASE get a button added to payroll categores to make them inactive rather than this clunky, time conssuming, unprofessional looking zzzzz work around??? We have the feature for most other tables. 

MYOB used to be ahead of the game for payroll but little things like this, that Xero and QB online do and MYOB doesn't are the reason they are getting left behind. 

Vix123
1 Post
User

I agree, GIVE US a inactive button pretty please

jhp
Experienced Cover User
80 Posts
Experienced Cover User

My understanding is that if used within a timesheet MYOB will not allow you to uncheck this payroll category from an employee card file. Therefore I would like to request an option to hide a payroll category if you cannot remove it. Simply so that pay categories that no longer relates to an individual do not show during a pay run.

Example:

An employee may have increased their Saturday or weekend clinical pay rate a number of times over the course of their employment....as other staff members may still be on the lower pay rates the amount cannot simply be changed. 

We have many employees who have been with us for an extensive period of time so I am now having a very lengthy list of categories show within a single pay run, which is not only confusing but has the potential to incorrectly pay the individual. 

H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User

The list of payroll categories in the file I have inherited in my new job is horrendous. We are at the point of considering starting a new file from scratch for the new financial year. If there was more flexibility in this area, that wouldn't even be on our radar. Ditto to all of the above comments and the original post. 

lisadgs
Experienced Cover User
33 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Is this possibility on the planned changes/programming list?  Honestly I feel that this is essential.  If I was able to inactivate my list of payroll categories that are no longer in use, the ones I actually use would be so easy to manage.  

Perhaps as an option for now it would be nice to be able to change the name of a payroll category if not being used in the current payroll year.  Then I could add all the old ones to the bottom of the list by placing a Z at the start of the name. 

Please, please can this be put to the top of the list?