Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Payroll: Inactive button for payroll categories

Experienced Cover User

13Posts

147Kudos

0Solutions

13 Posts
Experienced Cover User
New
New

Creation of an "inactive" button for Payroll Categories.  For example, when a employee has left the company & you don't want to see / choose that category from the list anymore you can't delete it because the system sees it as being used.  So, it would be helpful if you could have something like an "inactive" button on the each categories, so it can be seen, or not seen from the selection list.

"Inactive Button for Payroll Category List"

28 Comments
H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User

Hi @lisadgs 
I'm able to rename my payroll categories even if they're in use and this z method is the one I use.

lisadgs
Experienced Cover User
33 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi @H-TS I am using AccountRight 2020.2 and when I attempt to add the Z to the start of the name of the individual payroll category I get an error;

WagesPayrollCategory_ExcemptionsNotDeduction

Perhaps I will search the forum for this error and see if perhaps I can resolve it by getting this sorted. 

Thanks for letting me know.  

CaseyWoz
Contributing Cover User
20 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I understand that a payroll category can not be removed from an employee record if it has previously been used, however it would be really helpful that in the employee card you could the flag this payroll category as inactive so it stops showing up when entering timesheets and processing payroll.

Regards

CaseyWoz
Contributing Cover User
20 Posts
Contributing Cover User

It would make my payroll must cleaner and easier to understand what current pay categories apply to each employee if I could make the old ones inactive for that employee. Currently if I am not using a category for an employee it has to stay there. Some employees have 10+ categories and makes it very messy. I understand that for history I can not remove it completely from the card however surely under there card/wages I should be able to select it and then have the option to make it inactive if I dont need it any more

TriciaTassell
Partner
25 Posts
Partner

This is urgently needed.  Especially now with STP2 and we are supposed to be tidying up payroll categories.

Belinda32
Contributing User
6 Posts
Contributing User

Has the removal or ïnactive status "of old payroll categories been updated. The hospitality award has so many categories and they change. Payslips are a ridiculous length and hard for staff to read.

Can someone please let me know if this has been fixed or if it is going to be fixed?

lisadgs
Experienced Cover User
33 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Contributing User Belinda32 
6 Posts
Contributing User
an hour ago 

Has the removal or ïnactive status "of old payroll categories been updated. The hospitality award has so many categories and they change. Payslips are a ridiculous length and hard for staff to read.

Can someone please let me know if this has been fixed or if it is going to be fixed?

Dear Belinda, to my knowledge this has not been changed BUT until we have confirmation of that, you should be able to go to a Payroll Category that is no longer used and click on Employee and then remove the tick from all employee's that do not need this anymore.  Hopefully this helps in the meantime? 

carmen
Partner
62 Posts
Partner

Please MYOB can you action this request. We need to be able to  deselect a Payroll Category when not required for an employee e.g Take an apprentice going from Grade 1 to Grade 2 etc. it is so easy to select the wrong category when doing Time Sheets