Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Payroll: Leave application module

Trusted Cover User

53Posts

28Kudos

2Solutions

53 Posts
Trusted Cover User
Australia

So, I've just discovered that the only way to enter leave taken is to manually type it in when doing a pay run.

Whaaaaaat? Now for a start, manual entry is so inefficient and not what a good -anything- database should reply on for a regular function like entering leave taken.

So anyway, getting past the initial jaw-dropping reaction to having to manually enter leave taken, my question is, what happens if an employee asks ahead of time for leave in the future? For instance, John Brown gets approval for leave in November. He needs to ask for it early so he can book his plane tickets. John Brown advises Payroll, and Payroll do...what with it? Keep a note somewhere for that particular pay run in November and make sure they remember to add it then??

The sort of function to enter leave applications at ANY time, and have the system include it in the relevant pay run, should be standard!

I just don't understand how this isn't a basic function in this software.

"Create a 'Leave Application' Function"

Current Status: Maybe later
Last Changed: August 2015

HI @Bek_Lightmare

Thank you for your feedback in regards to AccountRight and leave.

AccountRight is designed as a platform for entering in payroll transactions.While you can enter in when the employee does take leave during the pays its not designed as a leave tracking system. I would recommend taking a look at the MYOB Add-on Solution if you would like to see some of the add on programs that may be suitable for your needs.

As to a workaround in the software you could do what @jenniek has suggested and that is to add in a contact log entry on the employee's card for a reminder. Help Article: The contact log has information in regards to that process. This will reminder the user via the To Do List to add in that leave to the employee's pay.

Alternatively if you use timesheets you could enter in the hours on the employee's timesheet for that leave in advance. This will make that appear when you process the employee's pay for that period.

10 Comments
ASWatCR
Partner
243 Posts
Partner

Agreed and voted! Thanks

jenniek
Ultimate Partner
2,917 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Why don't you create a re-contact/reminder in the employee card file?

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

HI @Bek_Lightmare

Thank you for your feedback in regards to AccountRight and leave.

AccountRight is designed as a platform for entering in payroll transactions.While you can enter in when the employee does take leave during the pays its not designed as a leave tracking system. I would recommend taking a look at the MYOB Add-on Solution if you would like to see some of the add on programs that may be suitable for your needs.

As to a workaround in the software you could do what @jenniek has suggested and that is to add in a contact log entry on the employee's card for a reminder. Help Article: The contact log has information in regards to that process. This will reminder the user via the To Do List to add in that leave to the employee's pay.

Alternatively if you use timesheets you could enter in the hours on the employee's timesheet for that leave in advance. This will make that appear when you process the employee's pay for that period.

CPA
3 Posts
Cover User

Hi all, 

We are currently using ADP as our external payroll provider. Since January 16 ADP had done some major system "upgrade", we've been having a lot of issues with them for things like super setup, leave hours setup etc. One small change normally require 3 to 4 emails or phone calls to follow up. We quite often feel frastruting and didn't find their services are as good as before. We want to change a different exteranl payroll provider. 

We now using MYOB AccountRight Plus which the package does have the HR function to track salaries, super payments and it's a good way to check against ADP's data. However MYOB doesn't have any employee self service function and I couldn't find any similar application so employee can apply leave and track leave themselves. I'm hoping by posting this note, someone can suggest some good and reliable external payroll providers or recommond a employee self service HR application that's MYOB friendly. 

We are a small company with 17 permanent employee. Everyone's working hours and dates are relatively stable.  

Thanks!

Alice 

KeepingTrac
Partner
7 Posts
Partner

In relation to requests for annual leave being linked to employee cards, it would be ideal if the employee card, or payroll function, could receive the request and record the subsequent acceptance or denial.  The ultimate would be for any leave acceptance to then automatically insert itself into the relevant pay period. 

ledgerbility
6 Posts
Cover User

This would save keeping paperwork for future processing and would also bring MYOB into line with other providers.

Much needed tool that should be implemented sooner rather than later.

KevinAFG
1 Post
Cover User

To MYOB Team & Community, 

Has there been consideration. envisage there has, in providing functionalities/online MYOB related portal where an employee can complete online leave (annual, long service, sick & etc.), is emailed to their manager for approval, and then interfaces with MYOB so their leave records, balances and etc. update automatically. Also employees can update their details, is approved by a manager, can review their leave records and etc.

Regards 

Kevin

kelliemansill
2 Posts
Cover User

Agree, this would be amazing! 

Kym__Yeoward
Ultimate Partner
1,690 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hi @KevinAFG - good idea, in this connected age. Even better if we could have a linked smartphone app for a "pay office kiosk" to lodge timesheets, leave applications and deduction requests online. See what our competitors are doing - such as Key Pay.

Kym Y in Palmerston NT  (sorry Kiwis - the true Palmerston North)

Heather138
1 Post
User

I was trying to find an online system that we could use for leave applications, approvals then storing the forms – would you happen to know of any MYOB add-ons that do this?

Thanks

Heather