Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Payroll: Pay Employee - Edit recorded payroll transactions (Editable payroll)

Cover User

5Posts

216Kudos

0Solutions

5 Posts
Cover User

After payroll entries are recorded there is no way to edit any part of them. I understand this is to protect the integrity of the total etc but it also creates a ridiculous amount of work when somebody enters something slightly incorrectly. A few examples:

* Payroll entries added on the wrong date have to be deleted and reentered even though this does not affect the total or the allocations of leave etc. When you have to do this for 100+ entries to move them one day forward this results in more work than running the payroll in the first place

* When a job has been missed or misallocated, we need to delete and reenter the payroll entry. Most other transaction types can add jobs retrospectively, why not payroll?

* If a payroll period is entered incorrectly the payroll entry needs to be deleted and reentered, again, this has no effect on the total, so why not make it editable?

Please PLEASE consider making this change, it would save me hours fixing other people's silly mistakes!

Thanks!

"Editable payroll"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: September 2013

Thank you for the idea. We can see the benefits of being able to edit recorded Payroll transactions, to make changes to or add Job numbers. As suggested by Colleen, the Pay Period can be changed in Individual Pays, if there have been no transactions (like Electronic Payments, Pay Super or Pay Liabilities) posted over the Payroll transaction. We request others who would like to include the following options to vote and comment on this Idea: - Change Payment Date in a recorded payroll transaction. - Change or add Jobs to a recorded payroll transaction.

72 Comments
LADYBUGS2607
Experienced Cover User
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Does anyone know if this is going to be resolved? We have staff that move from location to location over a pay period. If there is an error in data entry it is painful to correct.

Wages are our biggest cost and allocation to the correct job is essential for us to be able to make informationed decisions.

Kim

:-)

Mel_F
1 Post
Cover User

When an error in allocating the bank account and/or dates is applied to payroll there needs to be a way to be able to change it without having to delete all the transactions and enter them all in again.

Barkel
Experienced Cover User
68 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I understand the need to lock these dates off after processing the bank file - but prior to that you should be able to change the dates.

I had to do this the other day and it took me nearly 3 hours to delete all of the payroll and start again.

Aaronp
Trusted Partner
96 Posts
Trusted Partner

The behind the scenes transactions that occur in things like payroll and receive deposits etc need to be made dynamic so that changes can be made and they all update automatically behind the scenes.

This is a massive undertaking to change, but it just needs to happen.

BobMartin3941
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I think being able to make adjustments to job numbers after the event rather than have to delete the actual pay and then re enter it would be a most useful tool to have included in next update. Hey like right now would be good. 

Jesslc
3 Posts
Cover User

The brilliant suggestions, I would give anything somethings just to change the job or date of a processed and paid prayroll entry

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Jesslc 

Thanks for your comments in regards to changing payroll transactions. In addition to commenting on an idea on the AccountRight Ideas Exchange you can show your support by voting for an idea. You can vote for an idea by selecting the + Vote button to the left of the Idea's name.

Gabyt
1 Post
Cover User

Hi

I do a lot of payroll for different clients and some have  many different emplyess categories. It is very time consuming when you have to delete and redo the employees whole pay just to amend one categary. When will we be able to AMEND  a employees pay, which has been recorded but not yet paid? 

Thks

judehalls
3 Posts
Cover User

Would love to see transactions in Payroll be eligable for editing.  Most errors are in regard to job codes or accruals etc, not monetary amounts.  Would make life so much easier.  Like the idea of automatic dates as well.

judehalls

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @judehalls 

Thank you for your feedback, I've shared it with the team

Along with commenting for an idea on the AccountRight Idea Exchange you can show your support by voting. To vote for an idea select the + vote button to the left of the Idea's name.