Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Payroll: Pay Employee - Edit recorded payroll transactions (Editable payroll)

Cover User

5Posts

216Kudos

0Solutions

5 Posts
Cover User

After payroll entries are recorded there is no way to edit any part of them. I understand this is to protect the integrity of the total etc but it also creates a ridiculous amount of work when somebody enters something slightly incorrectly. A few examples:

* Payroll entries added on the wrong date have to be deleted and reentered even though this does not affect the total or the allocations of leave etc. When you have to do this for 100+ entries to move them one day forward this results in more work than running the payroll in the first place

* When a job has been missed or misallocated, we need to delete and reenter the payroll entry. Most other transaction types can add jobs retrospectively, why not payroll?

* If a payroll period is entered incorrectly the payroll entry needs to be deleted and reentered, again, this has no effect on the total, so why not make it editable?

Please PLEASE consider making this change, it would save me hours fixing other people's silly mistakes!

Thanks!

"Editable payroll"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: September 2013

Thank you for the idea. We can see the benefits of being able to edit recorded Payroll transactions, to make changes to or add Job numbers. As suggested by Colleen, the Pay Period can be changed in Individual Pays, if there have been no transactions (like Electronic Payments, Pay Super or Pay Liabilities) posted over the Payroll transaction. We request others who would like to include the following options to vote and comment on this Idea: - Change Payment Date in a recorded payroll transaction. - Change or add Jobs to a recorded payroll transaction.

72 Comments
Kerrin28
Partner
48 Posts
Partner

This is so frustrating that we can not edit payroll, especially if it is just the dates or allocation of leave that needs to be changed and the nett pay hasn't changed.

Please please please change this for us

Kerrin28
Partner
48 Posts
Partner

This has been under review for so long and really needs to be altered.  All of my MYOB clients with payroll complain about this.  It is so time confusing, especially if it is just a small change.  Please Please Please action this.

Kerrin28
Partner
48 Posts
Partner

Please please make payroll entries adjustable

Compukeep
Experienced Cover User
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User

The ability to change or add jobs to a recorded pay

Crystle
Experienced Cover User
39 Posts
Experienced Cover User

yeah this is absolutely ridiculous that this doesn't already exist. HOURS OF WORK TO FIX A TINY MISTAKE.

Souter
Contributing Cover User
8 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Payroll entries should be able to be edited.  What is the difference in integrity of data between editing a payslip and totally deleting and re-doing it, especially when it comes to job allocations.

Lisa1987
Experienced Cover User
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Has anyone looked into this, I also need the ability to change or add job code breakdowns after the pay run is processed and it's ridiculously long and opens up for errors by deleting and redoing payruns.

Lisa1987
Experienced Cover User
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Can we please make this adjustement so that jobs can be changed in the payroll.  Staff monitor the payments that they get for each job and if there is an error or a change in allocation it is creating a lot of unnecessary work for myself.  This has now been under consideration for nearly 5 years!  Can this amendment be made in the next update.

Suki2019
2 Posts
Cover User

It will be easier for user if MYOB allow us change the payment date after entering all the employees pay details for the period. As this happened all the time due to authoriser/manager change their mind and want to pay either earlier or later. 

Lisa1987
Experienced Cover User
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User

My main issue is with job numbers not being able to be changed once recorded.  We use these to check people have been paid their entitlements dedicated to jobs.  Also when there are split jobs the Payroll Category Transaction report shows the whole amount that was in the category not what was allocated to the specific job.