Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Payroll: Pay Employee - Edit recorded payroll transactions (Editable payroll)

Cover User

5Posts

216Kudos

0Solutions

5 Posts
Cover User

After payroll entries are recorded there is no way to edit any part of them. I understand this is to protect the integrity of the total etc but it also creates a ridiculous amount of work when somebody enters something slightly incorrectly. A few examples:

* Payroll entries added on the wrong date have to be deleted and reentered even though this does not affect the total or the allocations of leave etc. When you have to do this for 100+ entries to move them one day forward this results in more work than running the payroll in the first place

* When a job has been missed or misallocated, we need to delete and reenter the payroll entry. Most other transaction types can add jobs retrospectively, why not payroll?

* If a payroll period is entered incorrectly the payroll entry needs to be deleted and reentered, again, this has no effect on the total, so why not make it editable?

Please PLEASE consider making this change, it would save me hours fixing other people's silly mistakes!

Thanks!

"Editable payroll"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: September 2013

Thank you for the idea. We can see the benefits of being able to edit recorded Payroll transactions, to make changes to or add Job numbers. As suggested by Colleen, the Pay Period can be changed in Individual Pays, if there have been no transactions (like Electronic Payments, Pay Super or Pay Liabilities) posted over the Payroll transaction. We request others who would like to include the following options to vote and comment on this Idea: - Change Payment Date in a recorded payroll transaction. - Change or add Jobs to a recorded payroll transaction.

72 Comments
Lisa1987
Experienced Cover User
24 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Still waiting since 2013 surely this is not a hard change to make to the system.  Really jobs should be able to be changed on any transaction and it doesn't affect the integrity of the accounts in any way!  However, this has a great impact on any doing management accounting and wants to provide reports regarding jobs.

myobuser26
1 Post
User

Any updates? There seem to be many in favour with the votes.

CIT
Contributing User
9 Posts
Contributing User

would be great to be able to edit payroll entries 

CaseyWoz
Contributing Cover User
20 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I would like to suggest that once a pay run has been completed that you have the ability to change the jobs that it is assigned to. I have some transactions that have occured through payroll that I need to journal over from one job to the other as I can not amend them in the pay once completed. If I have the ability to change the job in a purchase or sale, why can I not do it in the payroll transactions? I understand that I can not change the amounts paid, just want to be able to reallocate the amounts paid in the jobs.

H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User

100% agree.

bevyd
Contributing Cover User
10 Posts
Contributing Cover User

This would be a great idea.  Previously I have been able to delete and rewrite any payroll transaction that I had to change the job allocation for but with the lastest upgrade of AccountRight I will have to reverse any transaction, rewrite them and then resend them to the ATO - which is a lot of work when all I actually wanted to do was change a simple job allocation.

LuiFavata
1 Post
User

yes I agree on changing or allocation a Job to a payrun

H-TS
Trusted User
461 Posts
Trusted User

If anyone at MYOB is interested (as if - request opened in 2013!).. Since the latest update we are no longer able to delete pays - I understand the STP implications and have read all the documentation. It is frustrating, but it is what it is. However, the ability to change a job allocation on a pay, which in absolutely no way changes what the employee received or what was reported to the ATO, is now an even more pressing request than it was previously. I find I am resorting to processing journals to correct inaccurate job allocations once they're discovered but it gets a bit hard to keep track of them (not that there are many, but I might stumble across a transaction and think "that's not right" and there's no easy way to check if an adjusting journal has been entered already). 

If we could simply change the job number, like we can in every other part of the software that I can find, it would be AWESOME!!!!!

Please?

annee
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Yes I vote for this change.

At the moment we do a Jobs P&L to P&L reconciliation each month to ensure all transactions in jobs = the same as P&L.

Otherwise how would we know everything is allocated to a job. Its a pain but part of our procedure now for years and years.

This gives us a good idea if job on payroll has been missed. (it doesn't ensure data entry to the job is correct).
Myob also automatically rounds the cent when you allocate a percentage to many or several jobs.

Sometimes it is cents out and it is really really hard!

penejane
Partner
78 Posts
Partner

Transacation cant be changed is an option I use as a bookkeper - now every time you need to amend something you have to edit this as payroll reversals do not work if it is unticked so it is a duel purpose tick - maybe a seperate box for payroll reversals in the preferences would be good.