Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Payroll: Pay Employee - Edit recorded payroll transactions (Editable payroll)

Cover User

5Posts

216Kudos

0Solutions

5 Posts
Cover User

After payroll entries are recorded there is no way to edit any part of them. I understand this is to protect the integrity of the total etc but it also creates a ridiculous amount of work when somebody enters something slightly incorrectly. A few examples:

* Payroll entries added on the wrong date have to be deleted and reentered even though this does not affect the total or the allocations of leave etc. When you have to do this for 100+ entries to move them one day forward this results in more work than running the payroll in the first place

* When a job has been missed or misallocated, we need to delete and reenter the payroll entry. Most other transaction types can add jobs retrospectively, why not payroll?

* If a payroll period is entered incorrectly the payroll entry needs to be deleted and reentered, again, this has no effect on the total, so why not make it editable?

Please PLEASE consider making this change, it would save me hours fixing other people's silly mistakes!

Thanks!

"Editable payroll"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: September 2013

Thank you for the idea. We can see the benefits of being able to edit recorded Payroll transactions, to make changes to or add Job numbers. As suggested by Colleen, the Pay Period can be changed in Individual Pays, if there have been no transactions (like Electronic Payments, Pay Super or Pay Liabilities) posted over the Payroll transaction. We request others who would like to include the following options to vote and comment on this Idea: - Change Payment Date in a recorded payroll transaction. - Change or add Jobs to a recorded payroll transaction.

72 Comments
Jobohm
3 Posts
Cover User

When will we be able to make changes to payroll once payroll has been completed but before the banking file has been created instead of hacving to delete the whole pay and start again. For expample, I process my monthly pays a week beofre they are actually paid. If a change came in before the actual final processing was complete, it woudl be good if I were able to go in to this particular record and make the necessary change instead of having to delete the whole pay and start again. The process could be as follows:

Record pay

Next

Finish

Go in and make any changes to the pay: for example add mileage (without having to delete the whole pay)

Final processing

Are you sure you have finished?

Yes

Pays finalised, no more chagnes can be made after this point.

Jobohm
3 Posts
Cover User

I often need to make changes as I do my pays a week earlier and often have changes. Many other payroll software has this option as standard.

CloverQ
9,085 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Jobohm 

Thank you very much for your vote and feedback, I have passed it onto the relevant team.

If you are using the new AccountRight, one of the functions you may find useful is the ability to save pay runs for processing later. It would allow you to prepare all payslips in advance without recording them. You can edit and finalise them later then record. 

That being said I can certainly see the benefit of being able to edit payroll transactions after recording, thank you for contributing. 

Jobohm
3 Posts
Cover User

Unfortunately we do not have a new version so cannot edit pays at all once they are processed. Having editable payroll function would definately save time.

KattC
790 Posts
Former Staff

Hello @Jobohm 

Thank you for your feedback in regards to the editable payroll functions, I encourage all users to keep commenting and voting on this idea.

Kind regards,

Kat

Z_Wells
Contributing Cover User
18 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Yes, once again after a long time of checking pay dates are correct I slipped up. I'm so careful about this whole process because redoing a payroll is so laborious. It has to be done as otherwise the reporting figures are incorrect for end of month reporting. Grrrrrr We are now in 2015 and still we need to go through this tedious and frankly inefficient process. Please allow change of dates for payroll that has been processed with an audit trail or a two step authorisation process. Anything is better than the current system. If it is only the date that needs correcting there has to be an easier way to do it.

Regards,

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @Z_Wells

Thank you for your feedback and voting for this idea. I have shared your thoughts with the team.

Jodie-SSS
11 Posts
User

I posted this problem last year but still have noticed with this new upgrade that after processing payroll that have job numbers linked, I still cant go and edit a job number on an individual payslip, but can easily do on linked Invoice or Purchase Orders.  Very fustrating to have to go and undo a whole payroll run of sometimes up to 10 employees because of an accidental data entry error... 

Screen Shot 2015-07-06 at 5.05.45 pm.png
Jodie-SSS
11 Posts
User

Great idea... YES TO VOTE ... definitely need to be able to edit Job number allocations.

ReneeA
2 Posts
User

Please provide a solution for amending job codes after the payroll has been processed - In Account Edge pro as well as Account Right.