Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Payroll: Pay Employee - Edit recorded payroll transactions (Editable payroll)

Cover User

5Posts

216Kudos

0Solutions

5 Posts
Cover User

After payroll entries are recorded there is no way to edit any part of them. I understand this is to protect the integrity of the total etc but it also creates a ridiculous amount of work when somebody enters something slightly incorrectly. A few examples:

* Payroll entries added on the wrong date have to be deleted and reentered even though this does not affect the total or the allocations of leave etc. When you have to do this for 100+ entries to move them one day forward this results in more work than running the payroll in the first place

* When a job has been missed or misallocated, we need to delete and reenter the payroll entry. Most other transaction types can add jobs retrospectively, why not payroll?

* If a payroll period is entered incorrectly the payroll entry needs to be deleted and reentered, again, this has no effect on the total, so why not make it editable?

Please PLEASE consider making this change, it would save me hours fixing other people's silly mistakes!

Thanks!

"Editable payroll"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: September 2013

Thank you for the idea. We can see the benefits of being able to edit recorded Payroll transactions, to make changes to or add Job numbers. As suggested by Colleen, the Pay Period can be changed in Individual Pays, if there have been no transactions (like Electronic Payments, Pay Super or Pay Liabilities) posted over the Payroll transaction. We request others who would like to include the following options to vote and comment on this Idea: - Change Payment Date in a recorded payroll transaction. - Change or add Jobs to a recorded payroll transaction.

72 Comments
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Hi @ReneeA

Terrific, thanks for sharing your feedback and voting for this idea. I'll share your thoughts with the AccountEdge team.

TasCAHRD
3 Posts
Cover User

Would be great to edit reasonable data in payroll , particularly job codes or accounts codes

Corrections via journals or redos just create a mess / take time and aren't easily associated with the original

Thanks 

121Tash
2 Posts
Cover User

I would love to be able to CHANGE a Job allocation in Payroll - after pays have been done in case we have another switch of job costing again - this happens in our business a few times a year, that jobs overrun and need to change this quite a few times a year

121Tash
2 Posts
Cover User

Please make it so I dont have to delete the super payments to delete a payment as I need to change the job allocation, as i is you need to delete any bank reconcilaitons and the electronic payment to go and delete the payroll transaction.

Then to do this go to transaction journal and disbursements and look for the payment that says superannuation payment open it up and delete it

then delete the pays and then re-enter the pays and then re-create the super payment but don't process it through the portal as you have already processed it.

This is a long drawn out process to change one item - being able to change a JOB allocation for ANY transaction would be useful.

Thanks

kazandrews
1 Post
Cover User

I would love to be able to change/add jobs to payroll after they are recorded, I pay one day in advance so often the jobs change.

Please MYOB, this would be awesome !!

Experienced Cover User
51 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I have just processed my payroll with an incorrect payment date.  I have seen the error after processing each individual pay but before processing the bank transfer. 

MYOB will not allow me to change the date of the payment.  Consequently, I will have to enter my whole pay run again, with the correct date (after deleting the original run).  I have a substantial number of employees on my payroll.

THIS IS EXTREMELY ANNOYING! 

If I am yet to process the bank payment, I cannot understand why the software will not let me change the payment date.  I can change the payment date on a creditor payment before it is paid through the bank.  I know payroll is more 'sensitive' but if I haven't paid it, then I should be able to change it.

If I had already made the bank payment, fair enough, but not being able to make the change seems, to me, to be a 'fault' in the software.

Renea
3 Posts
User

Hello

I would like to suggest being able to edit processed payslips/transactions after the payroll had been processed.

I have found that if errors are made eg. adding the wrong date, the only way to fix it is to delete and start again. By going into the payroll transcation - it would be helpful to have a 'edit' function to change date errors.  The payroll week dates would need to be added and the payment date is only there at the moment.

I have frequently entered the wrong week to and from date. It would be easier and quicker to be able to go and edit it.

It would be handy to be able to change the payment method as well, as we use both cash and electronic payments (cheque account), and sometimes the payslips are entered using the wrong payment method. Which means deleting and starting again. If there was a box saying which account you were using on the entering payslips page so I knew which account the payments was being paid from, that would be helpful.

Thanks for your consideration.

OysterFarmer
7 Posts
Cover User

I would like to have the ability to change job codes and activity codes on staff timesheets in myob after payroll has been run.  Sometimes we need to modify the breakdown of hours across job/activity codes so that we have an accurate report of where staff time is being spent. At the moment we have to delete the pay and reenter it.  It would be great to be able to back enter this if required or fix errors after payroll has been run.  It shouldn't affect the payroll run as the change shouldn't be able to be saved until the exact allocation of hours that were in the payroll run match AND the payroll category should not be able to be changed so that no financial info would be affected just purely the breakdown of hours against jobs/activities.  Hope this is possible.

AnneASA
Contributing Cover User
7 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Are you using timesheets, if so you can make another line in that timesheet even after the payroll has run. You could add 1 line to minus out the incorrect hours against the incorrect job then add another line for each new entry into the correct job/s. The total outcome of hours should come out as zero but the allocation in the background should be fixed.

I agree that allocations should be changeable in payroll as it does not affect the paid amount in any way.

Kazz_
Partner
2 Posts
Partner

Totally agree. Have been requesting a lock/unlock option for payroll for years. Frustrating to have to edit pays after the event, especially as a bookkeeper 'fixing' client errors.