Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Payroll: Period start and end dates

Cover User

2Posts

151Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
Cover User

I would like a feature to set up the payroll period eg. Pay week is Monday to Sunday, payday Tuesday etc. 

when the pay roll is run on Tuesday the dates for the payroll start and end dates would default to the previous monday  and sunday, or what ever the user has set as being the start/end dates for the payweek.

"Payroll period start and end date"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: August 2013

Thank you for your idea. How many other people would like to see this change made. Please vote for this idea and add a comment if you have more to add.

38 Comments
MBAE
1 Post
Cover User

I agree, anything to help make payroll easy is a great idea.

DebBIS
Experienced User
21 Posts
Experienced User

When processing payroll, it would be extremely handy for AccountRight Plus to "remember" the last pay period paid and automatically defaulting to the next period, similar to payroll in MYOB Essentials. At present, AR Plus shows the current date as the payment date and defaults to the the last week/month for the pay period. Businesses don't always pay on the last day of the pay period and entering the start and end dates for every payroll is time consuming.

An alternative is to setup the pay week /fortnight / month when setting up the payroll.

For example, the pay week may be from Thursday to Wednesday, with payroll run being made every Friday, or

salaried employees may be paid in the middle of the month for the entire month.

I would also an option to pay all employees, both monthly and weekly, rather than doing 2 seperate pay runs.

Regards

Deborah Spruce

Karen251
Trusted Cover User
131 Posts
Trusted Cover User

I'm all for it.  I would be a big help, I'm all for making life easier.  Work smarter not harder!!

Suja_P
5,976 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you all for your comments. Your feedback regarding being able to set a default pay period for payroll, have been passed on to our product development team for their consideration. We also encourage everyone to register your vote by clicking on the + Vote icon above - next to this suggestion's name.

Concord
Experienced Cover User
15 Posts
Experienced Cover User

It would be very handy if there was something in Payroll Setup to allow you to set the regular pay period.  For example our pay period is weekly Monday to Saturday.

When I go to Process Payroll and enter the Payment Date, it would be very handy if MYOB automatically completed the Period Start and Period End fields.

stroltz
Experienced Cover User
79 Posts
Experienced Cover User

We use Deputy for timesheets. 

We set the default pay period once, and bingo it simply remembered it. Easy!

Given almost every company uses the same pay cycle every pay period it is amazing that we have to change MYOB each pay run. 

Trav9999
Experienced Partner
80 Posts
Experienced Partner

I'd love this feature too.

Seems like such a simple thing.

But EVERY payroll, i'm having to manually change the start and finish dates - i'm sure a lot of people would be in this same situation.

matupitu
8 Posts
Cover User

We run fortnightly payroll.  I can't believe MYOB doesn't pick up on the last payroll run and just start from that date.  Too easy to make a mistake with both start and end dates to be changed for each employee. It doesn't even pick up on the change after the first employee is processed - reverts back to whatever date it feels like. Seems SO OBVIOUS to set up a period (week/fortnight) and a day of the week then run that for the year as a default.  I would say most, if not all companies run their payroll on a regualr and repeatable cycle.

CEMTina
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

I can't believe this isn't already standard! Surely it can't be THAT hard to change to a default '"feature"!!!

CEMTina
Contributing Cover User
9 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Just noticed this has been under consideration since 2013!  How long do MYOB keep people waiting before they make a decision as to whether they will do it or not? I would hate to imagine what my customers would think if I took 4 years to come back to them with an answer. Not good enough.