Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Payroll: Period start and end dates

Cover User

2Posts

151Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
Cover User

I would like a feature to set up the payroll period eg. Pay week is Monday to Sunday, payday Tuesday etc. 

when the pay roll is run on Tuesday the dates for the payroll start and end dates would default to the previous monday  and sunday, or what ever the user has set as being the start/end dates for the payweek.

"Payroll period start and end date"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: August 2013

Thank you for your idea. How many other people would like to see this change made. Please vote for this idea and add a comment if you have more to add.

38 Comments
Shona_lou
Partner
6 Posts
Partner

I don't see the point of setting up a pay date when it doesn't automatically set your pay period.  A fix for this is a MUST.

LeahLavinia84
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User

How do you set up a payroll from Monday to Sunday and payment made on Wednesday as a default set up please?

OptimalAccounts
4 Posts
Cover User

It is a basic payroll system requirement and Quickbooks does it well

HeatherDBS
Experienced Cover User
126 Posts
Experienced Cover User

I'm really tired of having to select start and end payroll dates by one day every. single. fortnight. I'm very glad we don't have a weekly payroll. Surely MYOB can work out that our timesheets start on a Friday so payroll should start on a Friday. Or at least remember the end date of the previous fortnight that was processed? Or have a setting to choose a start day? I don't know what the best option is but the current one is driving me nuts.

stroltz
Experienced Cover User
79 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Come on MYOB, this would be so mimimal to make this change!

Every single pay day we have to change the pay period from the auto dates MYOB puts in. 

Trav9999
Experienced Partner
80 Posts
Experienced Partner

Agreed!

6 years on.....

Hollysch
Contributing Cover User
11 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Yes please, we pay on Thursdays for the previous week Thurs-Wed, the default payroll days always end on the day that you are actually at (ie Thurs), does anyone pay for the current day being worked?

georgieh
Experienced Cover User
46 Posts
Experienced Cover User

It would be great if you could set your system with the start and end days for a pay week. For us, the week begins on Thursday and ends on Wednesday, and I pay on Thursday. I have to change these dates every week for 4 separate payrolls. 

Surely it makes no sense that the end date is the same date as the payment date - how can you know how many hours someone has worked if they haven't finished their shift? Surely the end date nearly always needs to be prior to the payment date. 

This would be another time saver.

David_Cree
Ultimate Partner
1,158 Posts
Ultimate Partner

Hello @georgieh 

Firstly you do not need to change your pay cycle. Your pay cycle does not have to relate to the job keeper fortnight.

What you do need to consider is in which JobKeeper fortnight your pay date is.

To explain this- you had a pay week that commenced Thursday 26th of March and ended on Wednesday, 1 April. Your payday was Thursday, 2 April. This payday of 2 April falls within the first job keeper fortnight 30 March to 12 April. 

You would use the. JOBKEEPER-START01 payroll category to advise the  ATO through STP that you are in the system from the beginning of April. You only need to use this 01 code once. As long as the ATO has been advised of the START01 you should get your $3000 per employee in early May.

If you have already completed pays for April then you may need to do an additional pay run for make up pay and to advise the ATO with a one cent pay as per the MYOB instructions.

I hope this helps. Cheers David

georgieh
Experienced Cover User
46 Posts
Experienced Cover User

Hi David, 

I wasn't talking about JobKeeper - just in general. Something that's been bugging me since I started using MYOB 18 months ago!

Thanks, 

Georgie