Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Payroll: Warning to enter negative PAYG value when manually adjusting

Cover User

4Posts

2Kudos

0Solutions

4 Posts
Cover User
Australia

When entering payroll especially for termination pays, is it possible for a warning to come up when manually entering the tax to be taken out, if you enter it as a positive and not a negative. I don't know when there would ever be a need for a positive amount to be entered into this field as it is the tax to be deducted. 

"PAYG field"

Current Status: Archived
Last Changed: August 2018

Thank you for the idea. Unfortunately, this request has had no support from the community since it was submitted, so we are moving this idea to the Archived status. For more information on Idea Statuses, please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages

3 Comments
ASWatCR
Partner
243 Posts
Partner

I do agree that a warning would be useful i.e. if the tax or super is entered as a negative.

We get plenty of other warnings i.e. if we code an invoice to the wrong type of account etc, so this seems reasonable.

Peta_Ace
Contributing Cover User
6 Posts
Contributing Cover User

Hi

MYOB is very good at giving warnings, whether it be in regards to checking the entry of a date entered or warning that you cannot enter in a locked period etc.  Perhaps it could be beneficial to users when processing payroll if MYOB could give a warning if you forget to enter a minus in the tax field when entering the amount.  We have a few instances where the tax is entered manually and there has been an example where the minus was not entered in the tax field and the tax that should have been withheld was also paid to the empoyee.  If there was a warning built in, this could be a timely reminder for the operator.

"Payroll Tax Entry"

Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff

Thank you for the idea. Unfortunately, this request has had no support from the community since it was submitted, so we are moving this idea to the Archived status. For more information on Idea Statuses, please read this article: Changes to our Idea Exchange pages