Share your ideas for improving. Vote on ideas and discuss them with the MYOB product development team.

Product Ideas

Prepare BAS/IAS: Report of changes made to settings

Cover User

2Posts

3Kudos

0Solutions

2 Posts
Cover User
Australia

The current range of user reports needs enhancement to reflect the multi-user cloud based environment and enable administrators to see ALL activity and changes made by all users eg set up changes as well as transactions and log in and out details.

My GST settings in BASlink have dropped out sometime since the last quarter when they worked perfectly. I would like to know whether this was done by one of the users. The  reports do not provide this information. As we rely on the setup remaining constant across MYOB, I was surprised that I couldn't get this information. A Live Chat consultant confirmed that it was not available.

So now I don't know whether this was caused by a user, or whether it happened during an upgrade - and the latter certainly should not be the case even though the consultant said it can happen. Certainly it has never happened in 10+ years of using non-Live MYOB.

I look forward to seeing a comprehensive range of reports in relation to user activity so there is a complete audit trail.

Thank you

"User Reports for non transaction changes"

Current Status: Open
Last Changed: February 2014

Thank you for your feedback. Because of the nature of BASLink we could look at adding in a report that shows what changes have been made, but not who made the changes. This is because BASLink is a separate program that ties into AccountRight to generate your forms, so it doesn't actually have a login process. Please remember to vote if you'd like a report to show what changes have been made to your BASLink setup.

3 Comments
Steven_M
45,180 Posts
Former Staff
Hi @DeniseP Thank you for your feedback. The changes made to BASLink will not directly reflect the AccountRight 2013 program as when you do prepare a statement with BASlink it runs a separate program (BASLink.exe). Therefore are you wishing to get an audit report based on changes in the AccountRight 2013 base program or BASLink itself?
DeniseP
2 Posts
Cover User

Essentially what I am saying is that the we should be able to get a report detailing any actions taken in any part of MYOB. 

Matthew_W
MYOB Staff
2,173 Posts
MYOB Staff
Thank you for your feedback. Because of the nature of BASLink we could look at adding in a report that shows what changes have been made, but not who made the changes. This is because BASLink is a separate program that ties into AccountRight to generate your forms, so it doesn't actually have a login process. Please remember to vote if you'd like a report to show what changes have been made to your BASLink setup.